Has anyone else had problems delegating a .com.au domain name to one of Alabanza's virtual nameservers?

[Begin Technogeek Talk]
    What appears to be the problem (in my case at least), is that the zone file of the secondary nameserver is incosistent with the zone file of the primary.

dig soa [primary ns ip] @[secondary ns ip]
    shows as:
    SOA NS.domain.com.au. hostmaster.domain.com.au

Which is good. But:

dig soa [secondary ns ip] @[primary ns ip]
    shows as:
    SOA ns.myupstream.com. hostmaster.myupstream.com.

This is causing Internet Names Australia to reject all delegation requests.
    [/End Technogeek Talk]

If anyone else has encountered this problem before I'd love to hear how it was resolved.

James

Dutch extensions

Hello James,

We in the netherlands are having problems too (not authoritative).

I can't help you, but maybe mr. dns can:
    http://www.acmebw.com/askmrdns/

Good luck

Thanks Trijnie.

In the end, we got Alabanza to come to the party, and they fixed it. The apparent reason is that there was a problem with the serial number for the nameserver and so corrected it.

Now I just tried to park another .com.au domain, and the same problem is happening. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurence.

James

We experience the same problems. You just need to be patient because it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for the new domain name to become visible so INA can redelegate it. It's very annoying especially when you tell everyone about the 5 minute account setup and 2 day domain delegation period.

5. Hi Nigel,
    I hope you are well.

I wanted to console you on the fact that it's taking the same amount of time for those of us here in the US who register .com domains. This used to take hours.
    Thomas
    http://www.ez2ba.com

Foreign Domain Registry

Foreign domains are a weird thing to deal with, .au domains require than DNS zone files have the same serial number, as in other DNS configurations the serial number can be diffrant.

Just some food for thought. Some other foriegn domains require the same configuration but I am not sure of which ones off hand.

AiRoNz