hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Web Hosting Related Offers : For Sale: ~~@@ HostRatings.com - Fully Developed Hosting Directory/Review site @@~~

Forum Jump

For Sale: ~~@@ HostRatings.com - Fully Developed Hosting Directory/Review site @@~~

Reply Post New Thread In Other Web Hosting Related Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Web Hosting Guru

For Sale: ~~@@ HostRatings.com - Fully Developed Hosting Directory/Review site @@~~

URL: www.HostRatings.com

The site was started about a year ago and the database currently holds ~2,500 hosting companies. It is listed in DMOZ and has PR5 with over 2,000 pages indexed by Google. It gets over ~2,500 visitors/month from Google searches alone (http://www.HostRatings.com/screenshots/sestats.gif). This is free traffic, not ppc. Overview of traffic stats for the month of July can be found here: http://www.hostratings.com/stats/

This is a fully automated directory/review web site, professionally programmed in PHP/MySQL using the Smarty template system, so it's easy to change/improve the interface. It has a very extensive administrative back end. You can manage just about any parameter/setting of this site from the admin interface. It can be hosted on a regular shared hosting account, there are no special requirements.

Admin I/F screenshots are here:
http://www.HostRatings.com/screensho...management.gif

The site does not produce much income because I have not done any marketing/promotion. Income varies between $200 and $400 per month from Google Adsense and Commission Junction. There are income opportunities available by marketing to the hosts listed, which I have not had the time to do.

I have no time to deal with this site and I'm looking to sell it. The asking price is $12,000, firm. No monthly payments are available, I am not a bank. Included in the sale are the site and its contents as well as the .com & .net versions of the domain name. The site is bug-free and is sold as-is. I will provide the contact info of the company that did the development/programming and you can deal directly with them if you need work done in future.

If you are interested, please contact me via PM or by email: sale (at) hostratings.com.

I would much prefer to answer questions privately through email/IM with interested individuals rather than post here. Please do not waste my time if you are not seriously interested. Solid references from a previous mid 5-figure transaction (through WHT) are available.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2004, 01:34 PM

How do you justify $12,000 when it only makes $400/month? That's like 2.5 years of revenue? It's a great site, and I am very interested, but I'm not sure that I understand what is being sold. Can you help me out a little please. I don't mind paying, but I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting :-)

Old 08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Web Hosting Guru

The cost is a bargain.

You get a nice-lookinbg, custom-developed web site that cost close to $7K to build, content, a great domain, visitors, access to hosting companies you can market to, DMOZ listing, heavy Google indexing and a ~$4K/yr income.

If I were any good in marketing, I would not sell the site. It has great potential, it just needs the right person to run it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 PM

Is this still for sale? If so, please conatc me via PM or e-mail. Thank you.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Ads Available for the Second Printing of WHIR’s Annual Hottest Hosts Directory Blog 2014-04-08 16:52:36
Newtek Web Hosting Listing 2014-04-19 04:31:22
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 21, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-24 17:14:42
Web Hosting Domain Name Webhosting.co.uk Sold for $500,000 by Sedo Web Hosting News 2012-11-09 09:51:25
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28