How much is my layout worth?

Heya Peeps,

Could you give me a rough idea how much the template i've made @ www.hellbent.co.uk is worth? I've quit the company you see so i would like to sell the layout.

All help is grateful.

Regards,
    Rob.
    Portfolio :: Click Here
    E-Mail :: admin@m00ie.com
    AIM :: robin hawkes
    MSN :: robin_hawkes@hotmail.com (no e-mails to this please)

not bad at all, for the most part its perfact

i see some white and some would argue over that but what the heck who cares, not like there God or anything controling the whole scenario plus internet etc. and so on

to me its worth a lot but in different parts

on webhostingtalk youd have to say no more than $200, but in the real world you can go at least 10x or even 100x that ammount just depending on who your clients are based on the ammount of cash theyve got and what there looking into

good luck there buddy
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Do you recommend selling here or finding a local client (UK).. as i REALLY need the money .

Do you recommend selling here or finding a local client (UK).. as i REALLY need the money
    I approximate you could get around 70$ for it on WHT.com As far as going with a local client or selling it here it really depends.

A local client would most likely pay more. However it will be very hard to find a local client who will purchase it..

While the majority of stuff on WHT.com is sold cheap there is some stuff that sells pretty high.

I find that posting templates here for sale opens up a lot of doors for customized work with clients who pay big $$ like a local client..

Thats my experience anyways... Good luck on selling it here if you choose to

Thanks for the advice, i was hoping for more than $70.. took a while to make and would be a shame to see it go for peanuts.

Nicely made layout, the header is alittle large for my liking but if you include the full website, including the forum integration. I'll say around $100-150 on wht. Definately you'll get alot more if you find a local client. Good luck!

Thank you, by the way.. if anyone wants to buy the layout.. just let me know in this thread.

Originally posted by Arien
    Do you recommend selling here or finding a local client (UK).. as i REALLY need the money .
    My personal opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $50USD for that as it's not my kind of taste.

What I recommend you doing is doing both of what I have quoted. Try here AND locally.

Posting on here, give a lowest amount and highest amount. Highest amount would most likely be the "buyout" price. Give exclusive details about what people get from this production.

Doing it locally, perhaps you could charge a few hundred (IMO) and intrique them with what they can get out of the deal, what they actually do get from the production, etc.

You could also try selling this on other forums such as: hosthideout.com or yaxay.com

Originally posted by t c
    My personal opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $50USD for that as it's not my kind of taste.
    Thats not a valid point. That is like saying you don't like the styling of a brand new Ferarri, so you'll only shell out $50 for it...

Also, since you are not selling the template here and now, I suggest you move it to Website Reviews or Other Reviews for a better response. [You can ask a mod to do it]

I am selling it right now if someone wants it.

Originally posted by gilbert
    on webhostingtalk youd have to say no more than $200, but in the real world you can go at least 10x or even 100x that ammount ...
    yes, I'm sure he can get 20K or even 2K for that.

Arien its not bad, but its nothing extra ordinary.
    also: http://www.hellbent.co.uk/images/sli.../banner_01.gif thats 72KB.

Eugene
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Originally posted by websterworld
    yes, I'm sure he can get 20K or even 2K for that.

Arien its not bad, but its nothing extra ordinary.
    also: http://www.hellbent.co.uk/images/sli.../banner_01.gif thats 72KB.

Eugene
    I never said it was , purely asking how much it's worth.

I will optimise all the gprahics before handing over.

Originally posted by IDS
    Thats not a valid point. That is like saying you don't like the styling of a brand new Ferarri, so you'll only shell out $50 for it...
    Actually it is a valid point. The person asked how much they could sell it for, now using my opinion I give my judgement of no more than $50. Everyone will look at it differently.

As for the Ferrari comment... If it came down to where I wouldn't think a Ferrari was worth more than $50USD, then I would state that I wouldn't pay more than $50USD for it. However, with my opinion afterwards, I can assure that I would not be in the sellers "buyers" list. Same case for Arien. I may only pay $50USD for it and with that in mind might make Arien disregard doing business with me in the category of the sale of this design.

Items such as designs are only worth as much as something is willing to pay. This output will vary amongst different reviewers.

There's more to a Ferrari than its looks. However, the same can't be said for a template on WHT. Sorry. Bad comparison, IDS.
    *bump* There goes another host.

Yea that is a decent layout man. Id say around the $100 mark, more to the right customer. Id say its all about where you promote it. Throw it into a music discussion site, record label entrepreneur site, etc. might fetch more.