Free Hosting Control Panel?

Currently I offer hosting via H-Sphere. I have a site I am working on and would like to offer free hosting through it, however I don't want to offer free H-Sphere hosting accounts. I am looking for a control panel that offers simple 3rd level domain + Ftp hosting for free.

I have looked at XPanel, however when I posted in their forums whether asking if it worked with H-Sphere, the post sat for over a week with no reply, then all of a sudden dissappeared. I have posted the same question again, but am not counting on anything.

Does anyone know of a free hosting script/control panel that works with H-Sphere?

ive seen alot of these "Free Hosting Control Panel" posts. am i the only one that uses the search facility on WHT?

cant say i know one but there are alot of other free control panels out there.

The way that Hsphere is designed works against running any other control panel in parallel.
    It sounds like you are going to need another server to do this...

It should be possable to run it on another IP that you have on one of your Hsphere servers.. just only run the services for the new control panel on the new IP/IPs.

The gist of the situation is... You shouldnt be worried about it working with Hsphere.. NOTHING is going to... Your going to have to set it up on its own... so get what works not what works with Hsphere.
    Rock solid hosting and dedicated servers since 1998!
    StabilityHosting Where stability and uptime are king!

Well, Xpanel works with a Cpanel server, so My guess is that it could work with an H-Sphere server. Since all it is doing is modifying proftp/apache configs, and I can do that by hand on my H-Sphere server.

I would be setting up a separate server for this, however it would be part of my h-sphere cluster, as a web-only box.

Hsphere places those configs and very unusyal places though.
    Plus, the way Hsphere abstracts the virtual hosts into differant numbered files is differant from any other control panels methods that I have seen.
    Over-all It would be MUCH simpler and less likely to inadvertantly cause downtime, to run a seperate instance of apache for the new control panel.
    Rock solid hosting and dedicated servers since 1998!
    StabilityHosting Where stability and uptime are king!

Hi amish_geek,

I would suggest simply setting up a lower end cPanel or DA webserver and offer services off of that. The free market these days is highly competitive and you would be better off providing that sort of control panel. On another note a product like DA or cPanel is more highly refined and stable than a product such as xpanel which will make it easier on you.

Just some food for thought from a free webhost.

LP-Trel, the thing is, I only want to offer 3rd level domain hosting, with basic FTP access. I dont need mail/mysql hosting for these free sites.

Also, that means I need to also pay for DA or cPanel, while adding another H-Sphere server to my cluster costs me $0 other than server costs.

My intent is to offer free hosting accounts, and then upsell them to paid hosting within my H-sphere cluster. I dont want to deal with multiple control panels. From what I've seen, Xpanel is just a system for creating ftp accounts for user.domain.com. I can tie it into the 1 config file for that domains apache conf, so it doesnt have to mess with other confs.

In that case you don't even need a control panel really, all you need to do is edit the proftpd/apache/bind configurations by hand (extremely easy to do).

But that would be one big PITA to edit the config files manually for hundreds of free hosting customers. I also want to have automatic signup/creation. Thus the need for a free hosting control panel like xpanel.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    But that would be one big PITA to edit the config files manually for hundreds of free hosting customers. I also want to have automatic signup/creation. Thus the need for a free hosting control panel like xpanel.
    You're asking for trouble with that. Good luck to you. I suppose Xpanel will fit your needs but, really be careful with what you are looking to do.

How would i be asking for trouble? Well, I suppose with automatic signups, yes. I'd probably end up moderating it, but I dont want to have to create config files whenever someone requests hosting. Logging in and going 'yup, yup, nope, yup' for the new signups, and then the system creates the accounts, is what I'd like.

Are there any other panels besides XPanel? I'm not going to hold my breath for them to respond to my query in their forum.