Thread: Seeking Coder!

Seeking Coder!

Hello,

I am looking to code the desgn below into an expanding, mostly CSS based layout, for my upcoming journal site, 10k. My coding skills are sorely lacking, as I am competent in basic HTML, and am working my way through learning CSS. I understand many of hte basics of CSS, however, I am finding it hard to implement those ideas into my design.

I've spent threee days fidling with this design and the CSS code behind it, trying to get it just that way I want, but I finally figured I should probably ask for help from a more experienced coder than I.

So, basically, what I am asking, is that you help me code this design into a functional layout, that expands when I post blogs, is compliant with most of today's HTML/XML/CSS standards, and, if possible, is mostly CSS based, instead of table based. I am pretty sure it is possible, as it has been done on sites like Binary Bonsai and noscope. If it makes any difference, the blogging software I am using is Movable Type 3.01.

I am not looking for someone to simply code it and hand it to me, rather, I am looking for someone to help me code it, or code it and explain what they have done, so that I may learn.

I am willing to compensate you for your help with money, and a link in the footer to your site or e-mail.

Here is the design:

http://10k.degree-n.net/index2-prev.jpg

The top is cut off intentionally, since that is where the header will meet the browser, without a top-margin.

Also, if you could provide a price quote, that would be great. I am not looking to spend more than $150 USD, however.

Thank you.

PM and E-mail sent

Regards

Steve
    "You don’t learn to hack, you hack to learn"

I'll do it, I can get it done with you in a day, unless you are a VERY slow learner... lol, as he said above: "PM ... sent"

Thanks in advance,
    www.rjscriptz.com <--- no tables, all css

I have found someone for this project, and would like to thank you all for the quick and professional replies.

If this current deal does not go through, however, I will be in contact with some of you shortly.

Again, thank you.

Regards,

Samuel