hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : help choosing hosting - Micfo and JaguarPC or similar

Forum Jump

help choosing hosting - Micfo and JaguarPC or similar

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 12:45 PM

help choosing hosting - Micfo and JaguarPC or similar

We are a company that heavily relies on the web for getting our product marketed to global customers (like most companies really).

We currently have a number of domains (six) pointing to our main domain environbiocomposites.com Our current host is a local company and charge us a ridiculous ammount for what we get (that would be another thread on it's own). May I post my bad experiances with a host on this forum? or is that something frowned at?. We're looking for hosting between $10 - $20 for our domain. We want fast and reliable service. I have already requested a quote and got an overwhelming response.

The final wrestle is between micfo and jaguarpc. Both are coincidentally based in Houston TX. Both have a $10 package with 1Gb space and 40Gb B/width which is preceisly what we want. Raw statistics are awesome too.

Micfo have very professional sounding staff on the phone and have some pretty jazzy hardware Xeon processors with SCSI drives, Urchin and plenty of other goodies that appeal to us pre loaded.

Jaguar have a very similar packadge but I was unable to even locate an 800 sales number - but the email I received was very informative, but the tech support issue wasn't addressed very well. Micfo have 24/7 800 support. Jag responded "most issues can be resolved via email" Although this maybe true, a phone call is a phone call. I would like all options of a phone, forum, email, live person.

Still I want to hear what people have to say about these two guys, Micfo and Jaguar. Also are there similar hosts out there with a similar package as micfo and Jag's $10 a month deal. I can go upto $20 a month so if there's any suggestions please let me know. If I am asking for too much for too little money also let me know. Above all we want Uptime and fast hosting.

Kind Rgds
Chagani

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hm. Right off the top of my head, I can name three other hosts that offer about the same space and bandwidth: Lunarpages, Dreamhost, and Site5. I can't really speak for these hosts and their uptime/speed though.

People who use Micfo or JaguarPC will probably be along shortly, but until then, doing a search on the boards might generate some of the feedback you're looking for (if you haven't used the search option already).

Good luck in your search. I hope you get the feedback you're looking for.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:16 PM

Linsey - Thanks for the information. I liked Lunarpages - Dreamhost have some strange names for their services "Crazy Domain Insane" and "Code Monster" - I guess everyone is trying to make their product sound unique. It's like Folgers Ad Campain "It's mountain grown" for those of you that haven't been to a

Site 5 have a very detailed breakdown of what they have. I like that, and the roll over bandwidth sounds like a good idea.

Do you know any hosts or how east it would be to have a live person plugged into a website?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2004, 03:48 PM
WHT Addict

You're gonna get good and experiences from everyone. No host can make everyone happy all of the time. I use micfo. They now have a free 30 day trial. Their tech support is great. Never had a ticked answered in more the 10 or 15 min. Never used the 800 # but I here it's great. You can look on thier forums to see what people are sauing and to ask questions.

The most important thing is to take your time and do your research.

Article Speed Writing

Old 07-26-2004, 05:10 PM

mgm75 - thanks for your reply. I never looked at thier forums.

thanks again

Old 08-08-2004, 11:58 PM

Do a search on Micfo before signing up with them. There has been quite a bit posted on them lately, both positive and negative.

Last edited by bliks; 08-09-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

right of the top of my head i can give you the best shared host i've ever come accross - i just cant seem to stop recomending these guys - asmallorange www.asmallorange.com best shared host your ever going to find

Old 08-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Web Hosting Master

I contacted Jaguar with a sales request two days ago - 24 hours later I got an anti-spam message - click this link or we'll ignore your e-mail.

However, I haven't heard anything back since. Disappointing, really.

Web Hosting World: UK webhosting news/blog/forums

Old 08-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I've heard nothing but good about Lunar Pages and the size of their company I think would solidate a good support team (well you would hope). I don't know much about any of the other hosts though. But like what was mentioned, it's all good to read reviews of hosts, but there is always going to be good and bad experiences. The best thing you can do is contact each host via each reachable communication and see what they have to say. I would go for a host that is a good background. Also I don't think you can afford to not have telephone support for your businesses needs. Good luck.

Regards,

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>

sales@chewynetwork.com for enquires about our services!

Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-09-2004 at 06:38 AM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-16 21:29:33
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-16 21:29:30
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-16 21:29:32
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-16 21:33:03
JaguarPC Listing 2014-04-16 21:33:04