how many time for the first client

how many time is passed for the first client buying an hosting plan ?

Depends on what you're willing to do to get that client. If you just sit around and wait for clients that could take a while.

Took us 85 years.

Originally posted by excelblue
    Took us 85 years.
    My first should be coming soon then!
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

I would imagine that it worked differently for each company. Can be anywhere from a few days to a few months to never.

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

About 30 minutes

Oh, and it was 2 hours for the 2nd, in case you think we were "lucky"
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

From when the site went live it was not long at all... maybe same day. He is still with us now
    -- Matthew

About 5 weeks the longest record in our history.
    Hosting Asia (Managed Enterprise Web Hosting Solutions for LESS)
    Tel: (852) 2760-8233 (Asia), 1-800-WEB-0268 (North America)
    Web Site: http://www.hostingasia.com, Email: info@hostingasia.com
    Discounted Dedicated Server, Co-Location, Cluster Server and Shared Hosting

asmallorange and stormhosts-

Just out of curiosity how did you obtain these clients? marketing methods? Seeing that it was within a few hours, did you personally contact this client or was it a refferal or online marketing.

Thanks, Ian

Hello,
    I started off back in Aug 2001. When the site first opened I offered cheaper and a few free accounts to start building up a client base. Once the site was more popular I then went through the price plans and redesigned the site with the help of a client and things then started rolling a lot smoother. I just built up from there step by step and we continue to move forward now.
    -- Matthew

do you think that at the beginning is important to make a lot of offers and promotion ?

Instantly, as we first started hosting for our web design clients. As for when I released a free hosting service, we were getting about a signup every 5-10 min for a couple of days.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

crucialparad- where did your clients come from? online?

Web design clients were local, and were obaintained by word of mouth and online advertisting. The free clients we received via online means, we have some large web master communities in which we could advertise to.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

actually -3 days for me...
    I found my first client through a friend....
    It was actually 1 day before I got access to my server & three days before commencement of business...
    I consider my self VERY lucky..

We had clients before we even had a website designed and running. LOL
    Bryan

The same day. Started off hosting several friends' sites.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Since I was already into web design and having online blogs, my first customers were my readers. I didn't expect anyone to sign up that soon.
    Protagonist WebHosting Services
    Blog Hosting solutions:: Cpanel with Rvskin & Fantastico Deluxe
    Providing Reliable Hosting since 2002

nevar

I had clients before I started 2 years ago. They were enough to break even so i figured wth. Now it's 2 years later and I still don't have a site up, but I've increased costs about 800% and taken on no new clients.... I should get around to that. All the original ones are still with me though. Only about 9 but they pay more than wht standard. They're all local and I wouldn't ever go anywhere else to start. When you actually talk to or meet someone you can impress them and make them trust you and then they'll pay a reasonable price for hosting 'cause they 'know' you.
    -- My software isn't buggy; it develops random features --