hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Host that offers reselling with domain pointers and ...

Forum Jump

Host that offers reselling with domain pointers and ...

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2000, 07:32 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Anyone know of a web hosting company that allows their resellers to have domain pointers and allow adult content as well? First is more important, second is preferrable

Any input?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2000, 08:23 PM
Web Hosting Master

You want domain pointers that point to your main site or the type that point to subdirectories (so that you can have multiple domains hosted under one package)?

Some do both for a fee and some do this (depending on the type possibly) for nothing. Many hosts do these pointers, but the question is what type and for how much?

• Chicken

Old 11-07-2000, 02:59 AM

Lightbulb Pointers

We surely have such hosts available; One such host is Superb Internet at http://www.superb.net
Virtual Pointers are available on Unix Virtual Services as well as NT Virtual services also at $5/month set up fee is $10/$20 respectively

Also available is Domain parking $2/month $5 setup

Adult content can be hosted on various services Virtual hosting, Shared servers, dedicated servers, etc. The details are available at: http://www.superx.net

If you still feel you are hungry for more info. write to me

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2000, 06:04 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicken
You want domain pointers that point to your main site or the type that point to subdirectories (so that you can have multiple domains hosted under one package)?

Some do both for a fee and some do this (depending on the type possibly) for nothing. Many hosts do these pointers, but the question is what type and for how much?
Yes, domain pointers that point to the main site or to subdirectories of the site, so more domains can use one package. I'd like to be able to offer that to my future clients if I start reselling.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:18 AM

More Info

Well, What I have discussed here are the types that point to subdirectories and are chargeable as stated above.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I would contact Mike Alton at asuservice@asuservice.com. He runs adult servers and I am sure he would allow domain pointers. I host one of his non-adult sites but receive nothing for the referrals.

Old 11-07-2000, 10:25 AM

Angry

<<Admin notice>> Msg deleted by BC for violation of WHT guidelines.

No ads are allowed in this forum, and please read the rules before posting again. This is your first and only warning, or the wrath of the CDS will fall upon you like Shiva from the clouds.

(well, ok, Superb will be placed on our blacklist of hosts...)

[Edited by BC on 11-07-2000 at 04:55 PM]

Old 11-07-2000, 10:37 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks for the tip,

I prefer my referrals to be unbiased from a financial standpoint.

John

Old 11-07-2000, 11:46 AM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Pointers

Quote:
Originally posted by Anupam
We surely have such hosts available; One such host is Superb Internet at http://www.superb.net
Virtual Pointers are available on Unix Virtual Services as well as NT Virtual services also at $5/month set up fee is $10/$20 respectively

Also available is Domain parking $2/month $5 setup

Adult content can be hosted on various services Virtual hosting, Shared servers, dedicated servers, etc. The details are available at: http://www.superx.net

If you still feel you are hungry for more info. write to me
I'm just making sure that you read the top message on EVERY board concerning the rules, hmmm?

Old 11-07-2000, 05:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

Felix,

Could ya do me a favour and remove that quote from Anupam... Danke!

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 7, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 17:52:16
123-reg Launches Domain Reselling Service on Global Domain Marketplace Web Hosting News 2013-06-19 14:48:10
Host Europe Group Launches Domain Management Service for SMEs Web Hosting News 2013-04-24 14:31:28
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 24, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 16:50:42
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - May 11, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-05-11 16:59:58