hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : bizFilings.com ?

Closed Thread

Forum Jump

bizFilings.com ?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2000, 11:27 AM
Kylie

Cool

Starting a hosting company:

do you recommend http://www.bizfilings.com
for LLC formation? Any comments please

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2000, 05:00 PM
Web Hosting Master

I don't know them specifically, but I'd just point out that incorporating (or forming an LLC, even more so) is really pretty simple, and if you have a few hours to do some reading first you can easily do it yourself. Further, some of the things they're charging you for are kind of silly, like $75 for "expedited Federal Tax ID service." You can do that yourself on the phone to the IRS and get your number immediately for free; it doesn't get more "expedited" than that.

Old 11-06-2000, 05:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

There are a number of websites that offer incorporation services -- usually at pretty good rates.

(One such is http://www.incorporate.com/ )

Although you can save a few dollars doing it yourself, if you don't know the dance steps it *can* be a little daunting.

Use of an attorney or attorneys' service is probably desirable to get it done properly -- but watch the fees if you chose to use a local (live, living, real) attorney. Many charge outrageous fees for what is, really, a very simple boilerplate process in most states.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2000, 08:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

mycorporation.com and corporate.com are two others. I have actually used mycorporation and they were fast and thorough. But it does help to read up on it a bit (I got the nolo.com book as well, and although it has got to be the most BORING book I have EVER tried to read - still haven't gotten all the way through it - it does explain some things in detail).

Chicken

Old 11-07-2000, 08:56 PM

Wink

I used http://www.incorporatetime.com, they are just 75 plus state fees.

But most important the owner is am attorney and knows his way around this area of law, answered all questions etc.

Old 11-08-2000, 10:16 AM
Web Hosting Master

Bob, that might be a good link then. You'll notice that the two I posted make it very clear that they are NOT offering any type of advice, etc. This might make thigs a bit harder for someone just starting out who is confused (imagine that!).

Chicken

Old 11-08-2000, 11:09 AM

That site certainly does and I said the owner is a lawyer that can offer some advice?

Old 11-08-2000, 05:38 PM

eh? Chicken was talking about the ones he posted

Old 11-08-2000, 07:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Yes sorry for the confusion Bob, I meant the tow I suggested right above your post. They don't do the lawyer advice thing. It would be much better to be able to discuss you plans with someone, even briefly. Also the two I posted are about $25 more than your link. We on the same page now?

Chicken

Old 11-14-2000, 02:58 PM
MarieQ

U.S. Company

I live in Paris, France, and I would like to create a new LLC in the state of Delaware, because company formation here is around $1200 and those "QUICK LLC .com services" are around $400 one-time. I visited bizfilings.com, incorporatetime.com, etc, etc. but I'm not sure if I can do this. I want to start a webhosting company (reselling) but I must send invoices to my customers here in France, I don't know if that's possible. I am a linux expert, webdesigner, etc. but I know nothing about legal stuff

If you are a reseller or dedicated server owner from India, Turkey, Russia, etc. and you have a registered LLC or Corp in the U.S., please post some comments regarding billing, sending PHYSICAL PAPER invoices from the U.S. to your country, taxes, etc.

Thanks

Old 11-15-2000, 12:58 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

MarieQ

I think you'll find that there will be certain residency requirements when forming an LLC or corporation in the US. Your company will most likely at least need to have an office in the state you incorporate in. There will also be tax issues as you will probably need to pay US federal corporate and payroll taxes as well as any state taxes. I'm not an accountant or lawyer or anything but those are the biggest issues that I can see.

AP

Old 11-15-2000, 03:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

If you are a US resident, you need only have an agent in the state of Delaware to set up Delaware corporation. There are many legal entities that will act as your agent in that state. I do not know, however, how this applies to foriegn companies.

Old 11-15-2000, 03:52 PM
MarieQ

Thanks for the info.

And yes, it can be done, I found a good incorporation
company. $300 LLC formation $150 U.S. Bank Account

MarieQ

Old 11-25-2000, 09:59 AM
Michael Lihl

Re: U.S. Company

Hi,

I recommend the state of Nevada. I am not a resident
of the US but do own my Nevada C-Corporation. Nevada has no taxes, minimum annual filing requirements and stockholders
may remain anonymous. Yes, you can send paper invoices from your US Corporation. Some of these incororators offer a mailing service: Send your paperwork to them and they'll
mail it to France for a nominal fee. My basic advice is to
stay away from Delaware for its typical "P.O box reputation"
and it rather has disadvantages when compared with Nevada.
Check out http://www.corporateservicecenter.com . They will set
up your corporation for a few hundred $ and they have a great reputation within Nevada. You'll find lots of info about the state of Nevada and why it's top on their site.

Michael

Quote:
Originally posted by MarieQ
I live in Paris, France, and I would like to create a new LLC in the state of Delaware, because company formation here is around $1200 and those "QUICK LLC .com services" are around $400 one-time. I visited bizfilings.com, incorporatetime.com, etc, etc. but I'm not sure if I can do this. I want to start a webhosting company (reselling) but I must send invoices to my customers here in France, I don't know if that's possible. I am a linux expert, webdesigner, etc. but I know nothing about legal stuff

If you are a reseller or dedicated server owner from India, Turkey, Russia, etc. and you have a registered LLC or Corp in the U.S., please post some comments regarding billing, sending PHYSICAL PAPER invoices from the U.S. to your country, taxes, etc.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2000, 11:43 AM
R-HM

Michael,

I think Delaware is the best state for people
from Europe & Asia and "1 person only companies".

Most states do not allow "1 person LLC's"
No problem @ Delaware.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted