Session id's and google spidering

Not sure whether the right forum, but I'll try anyway.

We've just delivered a site to client and were asked to help in solving a problem with google (site's URL is www.pacifictours.com). Seems that the session id parameters that are embedded in all links are preventing the crawler from spidering all pages, which we had expected. The URL to sitemap is without any session parameters and still google's robot didn't follow the link (all pages on the sitemap are referenced as static only). Anyone having any idea why that is?

Thks

Originally posted by themon43
    Seems that the session id parameters that are embedded in all links are preventing the crawler from spidering all pages
    Actually that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Google lists 97 pages from pacifictours.com right now:

http://www.google.com/search?q=allin...off=1&filter=0

As you said, it's a new site. Probably the problem you're having is that not all of these pages are showing up when you do a specific search. You can see that most are listed as "Supplemental Results," which will be returned only when there aren't enough pages returned from the main index to satisfy a given query. Those pages are being spidered, but they're not being given priority as quality search results.

The site currently shows a PageRank of zero on the index page and the site map page. Basically you'll have to wait a while until all of the links get listed and a stronger PageRank is calculated -- and of course continue to develop more backlinks. You won't get satisfactory results until you have a PR of at least 4 or 5.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

JayC,

Thanks for comment. I had not seen these results, to be honest, but most of them are not in the sitemap, that's what's confusing to me. Anyway we're working on the link building now, maybe that will help to have the whole site spidered.

Thanks again for help.