hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Web Hosting Related Offers : Hosting company for sale
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Hosting company for sale

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Other Web Hosting Related Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hosting company for sale

I have a hosting business for sale that includes a reseller account that is paid for a year at a time, with around 9 months left on this year it is an unlimited account that I pay 199.00 per year .
It has cpanel and is on a unix server.

I have 2 domain names and websites that go with the business that people sign up at

www.digitalgothic.com
www.digitalhostingservice.com

THe way I got the customers that goes with the business, is a designer builds websites and sells them on ebay, they sign up to host with me, and deposit the first months hosting rent, then I pay the designer a 25.00 referral fee,, since the lowest hosting plan is 9.95 per month new customers only cost me 15.00.

They sign up for hosting thru paypal, I will turn the paypal account over to the new owner, so the clients don't have to know the business has been sold.

Clients that go with the business as of today, problably a couple more by the time this is done.

23 clients paying 9.95 per month
2 clients paying 99.00 per year
1 client paying 14.95 per month.

I am looking to sell the whole company to include the clients and the unlimited paid up reseller account with the paypal account to the new owner for the sum of 2000.00

This is a good deal an it will be sold to the first buyer with cash. Whether you want to continue to use the designer to get customers is up to you.

Let me know if you are interested, this is trully turnkey.

Otis

1-270-828-2512

Last edited by templaters; 07-20-2004 at 01:39 AM.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond whats printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Do you have an e-mail address we can contact you at?

Old 07-20-2004, 07:22 AM
COLOCATE LIKE A BOSS

Would you mind listing how many resources each account uses, the "unlimited" scares me

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

hosting company for sale

Ref Questions: The disgner refers new customers on average about one new customer every couple of days.

Ref; Monthly operating cost : Nonoe the reseller account is only 199.00 per year and it is paid for several more months.

Also, the reseller account has excellant tech support.

Thanks

Otis

Old 07-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Invented the Internet

You can't sell a Paypal account.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

paypal account

I am not selling a paypal account, I will simply transfer it to the new owner.

More questions and answers

Question. -how come you are selling out?
I bought my own servers and am going to sell strictly to resleer hosting

Question. -How long have these clients been with you?
Answer - Not to long they range from 3 months to 2 days.

Question.-What are the current resources being used by the clients? (Like another
poster noticed, the "unlimited" is a bit scary. )
Answer - Hardly any they are mom and pop sites

Question. -What is the name of the host you have the reseller account at?
Answer - Integrityhost.com
>
Question. FYI I'd continue with the designer, sounds like a win/win thing. I assume
you'll get the new owner and the designer in touch with each other.
Answer - Yes of course

Old 07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Invented the Internet

You can't transfer a Paypal account for various reasons stated in their contract unless you have WRITTEN consent (do you?):

"Assignability. You may not transfer any rights or obligations you may have under this Agreement without the prior written consent of PayPal. "

Old 07-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by AH-Tina
You can't transfer a Paypal account for various reasons stated in their contract unless you have WRITTEN consent (do you?):

"Assignability. You may not transfer any rights or obligations you may have under this Agreement without the prior written consent of PayPal. "
Tina is always right!
Were you actually considering giving someone the username and password to your paypal account!? You definately cannot do this, and you would be asking for trouble, firstly because the new user might just transfer all your money out of your bank account/credit card through your paypal account. Secondly, there is a lot of personal information stored in your paypal account. Thirdly, its blatantly againts paypal's terms and conditions, for the aformentioned security reasons and other reasons.
What you can do is remove the email address that payments are going to and let the new owner add it to their paypal account.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

paypal account

OK, THe paypal account will not go with the sale, all the clients, the 2 hosting websites, and the reseller account will all be given to the new owner, he or she will need to contact the current customers and ask them to transfer their subscription to the new owners paypal account, hopefully this would be no proble, since you will have the 2 websites and the emails of all the clients etc.

Since the paypal account cannot be transferred and it makes more work for the new owner, I will drop the price for a cash sale of 1000.00

This is my lowest bid since the site brings in right now 2900.00 per year and is growing.

I cannot gurantee all the clients will resginup to another paypal account but I surely hope so, so if you want to buy the company contact me.

Otis

Last edited by templaters; 07-20-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Re: paypal account

Quote:
Originally posted by templaters
OK, THe paypal account will not go with the sale, all the clients, the 2 hosting websites, and the reseller account will all be given to the new owner, he or she will need to contact the current customers and ask them to transfer their subscription to the new owners paypal account, hopefully this would be no proble, since you will have the 2 websites and the emails of all the clients etc.

Since the paypal account cannot be transferred and it makes more work for the new owner, I will drop the price for a cash sale of 1000.00

This is my lowest bid since the site brings in right now 2900.00 per year and is growing.

I cannot gurantee all the clients will resginup to another paypal account but I surely hope so, so if you want to buy the company contact me.

Otis
I'm interested. We've already taliked on the phone, otis, I'll call you in a bit I'm just in a rush to attend a meeting.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

paypal

I just talked to paypal, and they said all I had to do was cancel the email my paypal account give the email to the new owner, and the payments would start going directly into his account, the email address is the key it is like a bank routing number

So firts person with 1000.00 cash will get this i wanted more, but since I already lowered it I will stay with that

Although I hope the new owner keeps the same deal with the designer.

Otis

Old 07-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Invented the Internet

Re: paypal

Quote:
I just talked to paypal, and they said all I had to do was cancel the email my paypal account give the email to the new owner, and the payments would start going directly into his account, the email address is the key it is like a bank routing number

I'm betting you spoke with a tech that gave you incorrect information. It would be highly unlikely that a major corporation like Paypal would put something in their Acceptable Use Policy and then not adhere to it.

--Tina

Old 07-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Tina

Please go bother someone else, you do not speak for paypal or me,

Otis

Old 07-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Invented the Internet

Re: Tina

Quote:
Please go bother someone else, you do not speak for paypal or me,

Otis
Actually, I just got off the phone with "Debbie" from Paypal. She confirmed what I posted before. You may not transfer or assign your rights to your Paypal account without written authorization from Paypal. You can, however, change where payments are sent via the email address and bank account information they have.

That only changes where the payments end up - that does not transfer your rights and responsibilities. That means that if you are using someone else's Paypal account for collecting money....and they decide to take the account back over and you have $1000 sitting in the account...you're screwed. It also means that if someone is using your Paypal account for something shady...unless you can prove you had absolutely nothing to do with them using your account...you are responsible.

You cannot transfer a Paypal account without Paypal's written authorization.

--Tina

Old 07-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Ok , first Tina , This is none of your business, thru your comments I lowered the price , so you already cost me 1000.00, I am not transferring the paypal account or rights, just the email payment address will be given to the new owner, so the payments will go to the new owner, Unless you are interested in buying the company, I don't need any more of your input or advice, If thier is a monitor or webmaster please block tina, she or he is doing nothing but causing trouble in something that is none of her business, Tina please get a life and leave me alone.
Otiss

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Know When to Hold Them, When to Fold Them: HR and Employees Blog 2013-12-20 15:39:56
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 23, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-08-23 15:30:38
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 21, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-24 17:14:42
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – Friday, November 23, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-11-23 17:32:22
Web Hosting Domain Name Webhosting.co.uk Sold for $500,000 by Sedo Web Hosting News 2012-11-09 09:51:25