hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Web Hosting Related Offers : Free Ventrilo Control Panel for Download

Forum Jump

Free Ventrilo Control Panel for Download

Reply Post New Thread In Other Web Hosting Related Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Fee Ventrilo Control Panel for Download

For all the people constantly asking for a free ventrilo control panel, well here it is. At one point I was going to work to expand the code and sell it but I just don't have the time. I own the copyright to the code but feel free to use it however you want. If someone wanted to make a sourceforge project out of it and expand it then great.

Note there are zero readme files in this download so if you don't know PHP it may be hard to install. If you have questions just post them here, I will try and answer when I have time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vpanel.zip (45.0 KB, 4950 views)

Last edited by JeremyL; 07-18-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Here is the install_script I forgot to dd to the zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip vent_install.zip (1.4 KB, 3363 views)

Old 07-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

Sorry for the Stupid question here, but what is it? a Game Server Control panel, Webhosting? And what does it does now? What do you wanted to Develop (TODO) ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

If you are familiar with the game server industry, you should be familiar with Ventrilo. If not this will be of no use to you. As far as what I want developed, nothing. I am just giving away the ventrilo control panel I wrote for free.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

Good man. It's good to see people giving back. You might think about putting it under a GPL or BSD license to make it easier for people to adapt and expand on it without being mired in legal issues stemming from the copyright.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Consider it under GPL now. I have no clue how to go about making it official, like I said, people are free to do anything and everything they want with it.

Not really sure why this got moved to the advertising forum. I'm not advertisinga thing.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
1) The Pro version of the Ventrilo server is only available to professional hosting companies.

2) You must be a legally registered corporation with your respective state / jurisdiction. You must also provide proof of official corporation status. Again, this is a requirement and is not open for debate or discussion.

3) We do NOT license individuals or businesses who want to run servers for private use or in conjunction with some other service / membership. You will need to rent a server from an officially licensed hosting company.

Under no circumstances will we provide anyone with a private copy of the Pro server. Any inquiries in this regard will be deleted and will not be answered.

Update: At the current time we are not accepting any new license applications. Any other licensing issues should be directed to the sales@ventrilo.com account.

If you need to rent a dedicated server please contact any of the licensed hosting companies on the hosting page.
Just thought I would point that out for hosting companies, specifically game server providers. Sounds to me that they are favoring certain companies, so we would have to be forced to rent a server from one of there companies listed, if we want to use it in a for profit environment.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

Why cant i download it?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

You should read: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/ about making it GPL'd.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

Can you upload it to an offsite account and link to it? For some reason, it appears the attachment has been removed or broken.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

looks like some can't DL it because it's been moved. Here is a link, the second upload was added to this file.

http://www.streamlinevisions.com/vPanel.zip

Old 07-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Is this affliated with vTalk.net in any way or is it an independent project?

They have a Ventrilo control panel with the same name.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I used to own vtalk, and created the panel. You'll notice the vTalk site still has my copyright at the bottom of thier page.

Old 07-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thanks, will give it a shot soon =)

Old 08-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Junior Guru

Did anyone have any trouble getting this going?

It can FTP but it's not seeing any info from the server. I get the following errors when I try to view the status.

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/kgsvent/public_html/ventrilo/common/serverconfig.php on line 112

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/kgsvent/public_html/ventrilo/common/serverconfig.php on line 113

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Rackspace Integrates Mailgun into Cloud Control Panel Web Hosting News 2013-05-23 14:55:51
Hosting Control Panel cPanel & WHM 11.34 Release Hits Stable Tier Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 17:04:57
ResellerClub Module Helps Resellers Provision Hosting Products through WHMCS Control Panel Web Hosting News 2012-09-06 16:17:27
Video: cPanel and Attracta Talk About Integrating SEO Tools into the Hosting Control Panel Whir Tv 2014-05-02 15:24:21
Video: Hosting Control Panel cPanel, and Billing Software WHMCS Discuss Investment, Partnership, Integration Whir Tv 2014-05-02 15:25:56