Thread: Php 5

Php 5

With PHP 5 released, when do you plan on making it available to your customers?
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

6-9 months.

- John C.

please post here

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=296490

Thread Close

Mods please don't give me a warning i'm just a mod wannabe!

Could I ask why? (EDIT: speaking to Crowley)

I'm planning on putting it on my next server and making it an option at sign-up (half of my customers don't care, they're with me for ASP/ASP.NET)
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

it's in testing Mode & am sure you will see alot of problems & updates for it within the next month.

** every update increase php Slow processing.
    ٍSecurityWay.Net Managed Solutions
    Linux Security,Domain Registration Service,eNom Reseller Account from an ETP.
    http://domains.securityway.net/
    Believe an expert, believe on who has had experience.

It was in Release Candidate for a while.

Originally posted by TechSolution
    Could I ask why? (EDIT: speaking to Crowley)

I'm planning on putting it on my next server and making it an option at sign-up (half of my customers don't care, they're with me for ASP/ASP.NET)
    Although it has been Beta tested, no real world large applications have used it extensively, and there has not been enough of a diverse base of users for actual apps to make this a stable enough product at this time for our hosting base.

- John C.

We offer it to our customers right now under a .php5 extension.

Our PHP 4 install runs as an Apache module, with PHP 5 running as a CGI with suEXEC.

Agreed with John not sure why hosting companies are so eager to push new UNTESTED features out. The untested refers to proper production testing.