Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DDI Hosting's uptime? Customers pls share your reviews

DDI seems to be giving too good a deal. Or is it? Did several searches, and found that there was a couple of downtime issues 'Hotly' discussed few days back....though it turned out well in the end.

I'm particularly keen in their Cold Fusion feature and the fact that they have combo OS plans for the resellers. Too bad I missed the summer promo. I wonder how's their uptime right now? Perhaps DDI Customers could share their experiences?

And Larry, if you're around, really like to know if there'll ever be an Uptime guarantee and your upcoming promo -> 50% off ?? : D

Originally posted by iGravity
    No downtime for me yet: http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...1&&UserId=9646
    That's 3 days worth of checking

mangosky, simply email your hosting provider, and ask them for access to a stats page.

They may even offer alertra backing, or something similar. I wouldn't advise using siteuptime, especially as they tend to have a comical outages themselves.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

For me no downtime as yet with DDI.

To my understanding there were not couple of downtime, but just one during 16th of June. That problem was more from The Planet end. If you search during the month of June number of host using The Planet had problem.

Other than that there was a incident where MysSQL was down for 15-20 minutes, users instead of logging a ticket, came here to post. LOL

As mentioned by IHSL, send the mail directly to Host. Send a pre sales question, ask how much down time they had. What is reimursement policy in case of down time.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Originally posted by Harsha
    As mentioned by IHSL, send the mail directly to Host. Send a pre sales question, ask how much down time they had. What is reimursement policy in case of down time.
    Well, yesterday I did submit a support ticket to DDI as someone in their forum suggested it's best to do so. When I tried accessing the support area (Requesting my email & key) it indicated email not valid. I thought I could have typed wrongly. I tried again today, and same thing happenned. Guess, the ticket system's working?

The ticket system is working. Would you please PM me with your email address and ticket ID.

Also, in regards to downtime. We are making major internal partnership changes and structure changes. We are bringing all new servers online starting this weekend. We can't afford problems any more than our customers and I have finally hit a breaking point in regards to certain things. For this reason we are making many, many changes to increase reliablity, uptime, and support.

It certainly gives me the confidence in knowing the serious effort DDI's putting in to cope with the reliability issues.

I've already pmed you my email.

Hi Larry,
    I posted a pre-sales inquery in your forums yesterday.. Nobody answered it yet.. It was regarding my registration..

Can you have somebody look into that plz...

Darkmind,

Send an email to DDI. The response is quick thru email than forum postings.

Regards,
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

i did and they still didn't respond... I changed my mind about them, i need something with much more faster and easier support time..

Everyone has his opinion i guess good luck with them..

Originally posted by IHSL
    That's 3 days worth of checking

mangosky, simply email your hosting provider, and ask them for access to a stats page.

They may even offer alertra backing, or something similar. I wouldn't advise using siteuptime, especially as they tend to have a comical outages themselves.

Simon

I join their window reseller plan on 8-JUlY...they are very quick to reply me and recieved my money. But from 8-july to now, the server still no work
    And i need their support , after 2 days they tell me their server need maintenance
    this service is good or bad.......

Oh really??!! hmm.... how can it be that bad Larry ?? I Guess no arguments on 'You get what you pay for' .

I've been helping out Larry with the server moves and whatnot, and none of the servers have been down. I've been connected to them all day today. Friday the 9th had some downtime across the board due to a complete backup process. Since then, the only thing that was down was the Plesk control panel because we were doing account backups and restores, websites were up and working normally.

Larry will address these issues with you once the migration is complete because as of right now that is the highest priority.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the reason for the migration: The servers are being migrated to newer and higher quality hardware so that customers experience the highest in server technology for their websites.

Regards,
    Waylon

To Velostream,

What are u mean websites were up and working normally ?
    I just want can control my reseller hosting under the stupid plesk planet. but i can do anything with it and i try use the ftp server upload my data, but it also down.

From 8 July to now its over 100 hours not 100 min or second,

Thumbs down

This mean websites were up and working normally ?
    http://www.hkworkshop.com
    the website frontpage show about 3 days ago....
    i still can't creation my new domain under their stupid system plesk planel. it's over 100 hours...
    Have anyone can tell me how to get back my money and withdraw this reseller hosting accout ?

This is the Plesk™ default page If you see this page it means: 1) hosting for this domain is not configured or 2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.
    Are you sure both things are ok? Did you configure the domain name correctly? Did you add your domain name in the plesk's account panel?

I am sorry to hear that; but they are having some migration and partnership changes, so they might be kind of busy..

Thumbs down

I try all the setting in their stupid plesk planet, but only show fxxkxxg failed only

To Harsha,
    I believe your comment and join the DDI in 8-JULY, but now they still can't maintanace their angel server........today is 12 JULY over 100 hours...

To Velostream,
    I just want can not control my reseller hosting under the stupid plesk planet to creation my new domain accout, but i can not do anything with it and i try use the ftp server upload my data, but it also down.
    From 8 July to now its over 100 hours not 100 min or second,

To Larry,
    What are your live support = offline, (always)
    the ticket enquiry = late reply (over 24hours) and can't support anything to your clients.
    From 8 july to now , still can't creation my hosting domain by your stupid plesk planet, the ftp server can't login, only recieved my money but can't provide any service and support to me.
    Can i get back my money and withdraw your stupid reseller plan?

hmm good luck with that then

Eric Liu

Can understand your anger, while moving or creating sites.

I will again reiterate, so far I am having good time with DDI. And I am enjoying their response as well.

As far as issues goes, yesterday night I had certain issues with my reseller plan. They have moved the servers and as a result they gave me knew IP. When I logged to WHM through new IP, everything was changed, the settings etc, DNS/IP config and so on. Believe me I was horrified for a second.

I could have done two things, first get panicked and in anger write anything to Larry and post to this forum. Second, think and open a ticket writing my issues point by point and explain my problem.

I opted for second and within 1 Hr I exchanged 3 mails with DDI and everything was sorted out.

Its my personal experience and again I am happy with DDI. While dealing with my issues I just remembered one thing, that DDI is moving its servers and the hosts priority would be to ensure smooth transition.

One more thing I do have relationship with DDI and that is of Customer and vendor. As a customer I do empathize with my Host.

Regards,

Harsha
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

But i still not work haha

Ok, well I though I should post my share however please note:

I am not DDIs Customer so I guess you shouldn't take what I say as important as what people who are here say....so anyway:

As of 2 or something weeks ago I've seen a couple complaints due to Laury having a personal problem (I don't belive that business should be interfered by personal problems but I can certanly understand him). Since a couple days ago I've seen many more complaints, as I understand it they are having trouble with where they get their servers from. If I were you, I would wait before purchasing with them, wait at least a week, I would suggest more and ask how things are going in say two weeks.

There is also the matter of Eric Liu, I do not sympathise with him because he appears to be a little over "hyper." Sorry, BTW: Your website is up, I can access it just fine.

I've heard so much of DDI in the last few days, you guys should hold a get together and have a big box of tissues to pass around. Maybe at the end hold a big bone fire with the wooden letters DDI.

Just a thought
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Seems there are more DDI Saga over webhosting forum as well. I was very close to signing up, must have count myself lucky? With searches and research , it certainly can saves you sleepless nights not to mention money

I'm truly sorry for DDI's customers, as to what I've found out, Larry's the nicest during good times. I guess if only proper communication is in place, his customers will be more than willing to hear him out and give him a chance. I just hope he can do a hat trick on this one really Fast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast