NetSol and transferin' and privacy

So, will Network Solutions try to get some parting money from me if I try to change registrars? It seems like something they would do. Oh yeah, and how can I get them to stop giving my information to every random company that comes by? Don't they have a "do not sell my info to everyone on internet" form? Or have they already stopped this evil?

Re: NetSol and transferin' and privacy

Originally posted by appletreats
    So, will Network Solutions try to get some parting money from me if I try to change registrars? It seems like something they would do. Oh yeah, and how can I get them to stop giving my information to every random company that comes by? Don't they have a "do not sell my info to everyone on internet" form? Or have they already stopped this evil?
    How do you know Network Solutions selling your info?

I just tranferred 10 domains away from Network Solutions without any problems at all and with no attempt from them to charge me anything.

They took between 3 and 10 days to complete, seemingly at random, but there were no issues.

The only time you can be guaranteed of an issue is if your email contact information in your Whois record is incomplete or inaccurate.

As for NSI selling your info, I doubt they have ever done that. It's easy enough to harvest your info with tools like "dig" from the whois servers that no one is going to pay for it anyway...

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

As for NSI selling your info, I doubt they have ever done that. It's easy enough to harvest your info with tools like "dig" from the whois servers that no one is going to pay for it anyway...

I agree with thewitt

You can even buy millions of domain records on the CD for few
    hundred $ from some company.

This CD contains all info. domain registrar has about you.
    You can even sort it by industry group.

So, probably someone bought one of these CDs and spammed you.

5. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!