Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

unlimited bandwidth for resellers, is it true?

Hi guys

anyone of you is hosting or currently having an unlimited reseller package with integrity host?
    how can it be possible that they offer unlimited bandwisth and storage ?
    is this true?> I have tried to email them but i never got a reply back.

thanks

DAVE

Not to be a wet blanket, but there really is no such thing as "unlimited bandwidth"
    Someone has to pay for it somewhere. Usually, this is a gimmick used by a company that is gambling that the client will not abuse it and will, most likely, only use a small amount of bandwidth instead.

Not to mention that the "catch" is usually buried into their TOS under "reasonable usage" or something to that effect.
    Eric Wade
    President
    Fast Action Hosting, INC.
    http://www.fastactionhosting.com

Hi ERIK

thanks for your advise, actually I have emailed them asking about the TOS and they have not replied at all yet.
    I have sent 4 emails already

Re: unlimited bandwidth for resellers, is it true?

how can it be possible that they offer unlimited bandwisth and storage ?
    May be better to ask: how can they have it themselves?!

how can they have it? that's right!

anyone knows?

They don't! They said it themselves. (I already told you this in another thread where you first asked about it.)

Thumbs up

Dan

thanks so much, really appreciated it.

DAVE

"Unlimited Bandwidth" is no word

There is no such thing as unlimited space or bandwidth. Yes some companies will offer unlimited POP3 accounts, etc. But it is impossible for any company to offer unlimited space and/or bandwidth.

Clue #1 no replies to your emails .. Maybe be what your instore for with support..

Just my .02 tho

Good Luck

-Lee
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    Fast Affordable WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

Unlimitd Bandwidth = Unmetered line

wouldn't that make sense?

Originally posted by Daredevil_2005
    Unlimitd Bandwidth = Unmetered line

wouldn't that make sense?
    Still if you had the unmeatered line maxed out 24/7 they would soon say its not unmeatered i bet as it would cause problems most likely.

even with an unmetered line you can only push so much bandwith a month =/

i would go with DSLWeb, since their support is not replying to their SALES enquery, how can you trust them with any truth?

An unlimited diskspace/bandwdith plan sounds great! The entire Internet could be hosted on a single $29.95 plan! See how misleading "unlimited" offers are?
    » HostSide Webhosting - John Stow
    » http://www.hostside.com
    » Assured dependability - Feature rich
    » 24hr tollfree phone & email support

Greetings:

While it never fails to amaze me that businesses continue to make offers which are impossible to meet, it does amaze me when people are curious enough to believe or almost believe the offer.

When was the last time you saw an unlimited hard drive?

When was the last time you saw an advertisement from any of the bandwidth providers – AT&T, MCI, Verio, etc.) offer unlimited bandwidth?

Now, you will have people who state “unlimited” equals “unmetered,” but there is a difference.

While from a financial perspective unmetered means there is no measurement of what you should be billed; and most likely that you pay the same no matter how much you use… what it also means is zero to limited resource management.

What does “zero to limited resource management” mean?

It means your performance may vary dramatically.

Let’s take a look at NTT/Verio’s VPS plans.

I believe all (maybe the lowest one is not included) of the Verio VPS plans are unmetered bandwidth.

What they don’t tell you unless you have a heart-to-heart with technical support is there are limits to how much bandwidth a given server can handle.

Then you find out that even the most powerful VPS can only handle about 90 GB of bandwidth per month.

So from that perspective “unmetered” does not equal “unlimited.”

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

As was said many times in this thread already, it is impossible to offer and provide unlimited bandwidth. Even unmetered has finite limits which are determined by the pipe size.

The real question is why would anyone consider using the services of a web host that practices deceit?

The real question is why would anyone consider using the services of a web host that practices deceit?
    Because they like the thrill of the ride?

Or else, they enjoy living in constant fear of their host going down because "everyone was using too much of the 'unlimited' resources and so we're out of business - sorry!"

Originally posted by HostSide
    The entire Internet could be hosted on a single $29.95 plan!
    LooooooL

The entire Internet could be hosted on a single $29.95 plan!
    Don't be fooled! You can find it cheaper! Keep searching!

I think that by saying umlimited band/space, they would mean that if you passed their provided limits, then you wouldn't get charged but their would be a catch, like stopping your account for the rest of the month or decreasing it some how.. (their would be a limit)..
    It is as the plan i have for my ADSL connection, i got an unlimited 1.5MB ADSL plan, but when i go over 10gb, the speed would go down to a dial-up speed, BUT they wouldn't charge me anything more than what i pay each month

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMind
    I think that by saying umlimited band/space, they would mean that if you passed their provided limits,
    Unlimited means you have no limits. If there are "provided limits" it's not unlimited at all and making the claim that it is would be false.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Don't be fooled! You can find it cheaper! Keep searching!
    You sure can, you can probably find unlimited everything for lifetime nowadays...

It is as the plan i have for my ADSL connection, i got an unlimited 1.5MB ADSL plan, but when i go over 10gb, the speed would go down to a dial-up speed, BUT they wouldn't charge me anything more than what i pay each month
    Yes... my cable connection is similar. Somewhere in the contract they retain the right to limit the transfer speed if I go over 5GB of data transfer. Yet the pachage is "Nelimitat" (meaning exactly "unlimited" in my native language). I find that deceiving to say the least, but I had no choice but to sign-up for it. They're a a monopoly here and this was the only full time plan they had.

You sure can, you can probably find unlimited everything for lifetime nowadays...
    I'm still waiting for all that to be free though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com