hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : DI- new interface?

Forum Jump

DI- new interface?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2000, 11:44 AM
Founder - Jaguarpc

Angry

Well here it is now Nov. and still no new interface like I was told about 6 weeks ago. The one they have now if fine for the very basics but its not really meant for competition towards NOC's like VDI or ALA. If DI could or would ever develop an interface that even comes close to doing the things that thosee other guys can do then I think DI would have a much bigger cut of the market when combined with their pricing. An if they dropped the 95% and bought full lines instead of burstable they could attract more of the folks that don't understand the 95% or are afraid of it. But the real point here is about thier interface, am I the only one that thinks they should spend a bit more time in developing it?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2000, 05:56 PM
Web Hosting Guru

well

I don't use the Interface at all anymore. It creates more problems than it solves. I really can't be bothered to have to check the Zone files it creates, the eronous entries in the passwd files or a whole host of other problems.

It's not too much of a problem for me really as I am trying to get ontop of DNS and other stuff so no interface isn't a problem.

Regarding the introduction of a new Interface: I am fairly sure that this would only be offered to new customers not existing customers.

Regarding the 95th: It is perhaps the single biggest issue that stops the company expanding.

Old 11-03-2000, 06:02 PM
Founder - Jaguarpc

When a new interface gets released it is offered as a download to existing customers but there just isnt a new one like promised, oh well.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2000, 07:14 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Well here in italy nothing can be done without an interface. This is a silly market where companies keep selling domains at $2/month getting thousands of customers a month.
We've experienced DI's panel and it looks like terrific, then we've got Plesk very basical I must say.
Sphera is very good but price is $400/month (yes $4/month but with a thresold of 100 Vservers).
Alabanza's one is (was) very nice to handle but .. oh well lots of things have been written about it.
Now we are happy (and I mean HAPPY) using VDI (at UltraspeedUSA getting a SUPERIOR support), this is upgraded frequently and allow our resellers to perfectly handle new domains.
So I guess it really depends on the market you are running on.
Thank you

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Liquid Web Updates Mobile Management Interface with Bill Payment Feature Web Hosting News 2013-05-23 14:56:25
Hosting Control Panel cPanel & WHM 11.34 Release Hits Stable Tier Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 17:04:57
Web Host Gandi Emphasizes User Customization with Interface Updates Web Hosting News 2012-10-23 16:14:19
Microsoft Revamps Cloud Storage Service with New Interface, API Updates Web Hosting News 2012-08-14 16:21:15
Web Hosts: Your Interface Is Your Product Blog 2012-06-13 12:15:37