What do you reccomend?

I am a free host.

1: Need something that can let users sign up for hosting (and maybe include a ad automaticly like Lycos)

2: A good support ticket system

Thanks

2: I am getting PerlDesk now

Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

I like eSupport. Doesn't require customers to register for an account. Just one less thing your customer has to do, the easier for them the better.

PerlDesks amazing.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

Try there. They're all about free web hosts, and the such. There are quite a few clever people who'll be able to get you setup with things such as automatic signup, and they can also help you with getting a good program for having ad banners up top and bottom.

Hope this helps.

Appreciated

perldesk gets my vote

Yes, in regards to a help desk system - PerlDesk is very good, and does not cost too much either. However if you are able to get your hands on an old copy, when it was free, that'd be even better.

Also, as far as I'm aware (or so I've been told), there is an option in PerlDesk to have it work the exact same way as eSupport, so your clients do not need to signup to the help desk to post tickets.

Perl desk is good and so is Kayoko... the one that WHT uses..

Hey there Tris , long time no see.

Yes, both PerlDesk and Kayako eSupport are very good - however of course eSupport comes at a price. PerlDesk now costs too, however if he is able to get a hold of verison 5, it should be free.

Although out of the two if money wasn't a problem - I think eSupport is a lot better. But of course, since he is a free host, he needs to take into regard his costs and so on.

For support I'd go Cerberus (ideaRush). I've used perldesk, and its alright. It works, and that's important. Not a lot of frills, so if you don't need that, then there ya go.

But cerberus works AND has a lot of great features like spam control, etc.

Kayako is also good... used them, pleased, nothing really bad to say about it.

To let users signup for free hosting, check out some stuff over at resourceindex.com. They have a lot of cool tools for things like that. I prefere php, but cgi is also there.
    Jeff Link - jeff.link@intrahost.com
    NewLinkOne.com - Resell Domains and we handle billing!

Anjay I would love to talk over AIM again... I havnt seen you around in a while. I still have the same AIM.

Kayako is billiant. I use Edge Panel well a Moded version for my site. It was free and now is very cheap. I had a free version and changed it and added on to it to make it better. I do like the odd bit of coding myself.

If you are looking for a FREE solution then go to www.sourceforge.net and search for helpdesk. You will find lots of free help desks there

Hope it Helped

http://deskpro.com .. simply the best
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Originally posted by CRego3D
    http://deskpro.com .. simply the best
    Whoa whoa Carlos, I agree DeskPro is/was (haven't used their 2.0 version so can't say much about it) a good help desk.

But the cost-effectiveness of DeskPro for a free host is close to zilch without it actually being zilch.

Originally posted by Tris-SA
    Perl desk is good and so is Kayoko... the one that WHT uses..
    Aye. What he said - Perldesk is great, as is Kayoko (but the latter is more expensive)

Alex