Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who supports the KKK? - some hosts love them :)

kkk.bz - interesting, it seems they are being hosted in London, UK

Level3 is the main network provider, then it is leased by London 1 Co-locate, then by PacketExchange and finally Global Quest Communications.

Please don't take an offence here, but I am all for free speech, but obviously we know what the KKK has done in the past, what they are still doing, and they are promoting hate and spreading incorrect information about everything.

Ironic isn't it, the UK is famous for racial intolerance, I'm sure someone must be allowing this at one of the network providers or sub-leased lines.

What do you guys think?

I bet some of you think this is perfectly fine
    Last edited by stivan; 06-26-2004 at 03:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Free speech is free speech. We may not agree with those drunken lunatics but if they can't say what they want then all those americans died in vain. Even if what they have to say is total garbage. Free speech is a good and bad thing. It can promote great things and it can also encourage deviant behavior.

You also have the right to put we love other races.com
    Last edited by cywkevin; 06-26-2004 at 03:21 PM.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

At least one company comes clean about its position on the KKK and racism. Let's all be free and kill non-whites, it's free speech right?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by stivan
    At least one company comes clean about its position on the KKK and racism. Let's all be free and kill non-whites, it's free speech right?
    Inciting violence isn't covered by free speech.

Regardless of what the KKK has done in the past, the same could be said for when the Christians burned "witches".

I think the KKK are morons, but they have the right to say whatever they want, as long as it doesn't violate any laws.
      0 Not allowed!

Who supports the KKK? - some hosts love them
    Just because they have this website online doesn't mean that Level3 and/or the datacenter and related companies support them... does it?
      0 Not allowed!

There are alot of 1st Amendment hosts
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm, i certainly wouldn't host anything racial
      0 Not allowed!

Then I guess companies in Asia, Arabia etc would be glad to host them even though they don't support them? Obviously, there is tolerance by some individuals and companies of these activities and beliefs, even so on this forum, with people quietly hiding before free speech.

For the record, I am not black, but when the KKK kills minorities and harasses them and etc, is that free speech too? Is that freedom? I wonder how many new signups they will get all because I linked the URL

I'm sure if we were talking about a free speech Al Qaeda web site people would be screaming murder
      0 Not allowed!

I am sick to my stomach, clearly if you are hosting a racist site which incites, hate and publishes clearly inaccurate information to slander and incite hate, you obviously must agree with the same values.

Obviously some hosts here have no problem with such activities and organizations. It is great that they are coming clean with their support (or at least tolerance), cleverly disguessed as "freedom of speech" and "1st amendment", who cares about the freedom and peace of minorities and other groups and ethnicities they persecute right?

You guys are a clever bunch
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure if we were talking about a free speech Al Qaeda web site people would be screaming murder
    Al-Qaeda website's generally instruct people to commit violent illegal crimes, especially murder of the "infidels".

I'm not saying that the KKK doesn't do that either, but Al-Qaeda are a bit more hard core than the "Klan".
      0 Not allowed!

So in your eyes, the KKK is ok because you deem them to be less harmful than Al Qaeda? I wonder if Al Qaeda was Christian and American, would you then defend them like the KKK?
      0 Not allowed!

I am sick to my stomach, clearly if you are hosting a racist site which incites, hate and publishes clearly inaccurate information to slander and incite hate, you obviously must agree with the same values.

Obviously some hosts here have no problem with such activities and organizations. It is great that they are coming clean with their support (or at least tolerance), cleverly disguessed as "freedom of speech" and "1st amendment", who cares about the freedom and peace of minorities and other groups and ethnicities they persecute right?

You guys are a clever bunch
    You can't be for "some" free speech, and against the other.

You're either for it ALL, or against it ALL.

BTW: I don't like how you're trying to say in a nice way they we support the klan, because we don't.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Pat H
    You can't be for "some" free speech, and against the other.

You're either for it ALL, or against it ALL.

BTW: I don't like how you're trying to say in a nice way they we support the klan, because we don't.
    I am not saying everyone supports them, but clearly by some posts in this thread, there is tolerance for their website and their messages at the very least, as I originally indicated
      0 Not allowed!

So in your eyes, the KKK is ok because you deem them to be less harmful than Al Qaeda? I wonder if Al Qaeda was Christian and American, would you then defend them like the KKK?
    The KKK is not ok, but as long as they don't instruct people to commit violent crimes they are free to do as they wish. If you're going to hate the klan, you need to hate ALL of the other pro minority groups, such as La Raza and the JDL.
      0 Not allowed!

The KKK is not ok, but as long as they don't instruct people to commit violent crimes they are free to do as they wish. If you're going to hate the klan, you need to hate ALL of the other pro minority groups, such as La Raza and the JDL.
    When the KKK commits violence and crimes against minorities is it not by instruction?

I do not like any such groups, including the ones you have mentioned. I do not defend their websites or their groups or show tolerance for them either.
      0 Not allowed!

When the KKK commits violence and crimes against minorities is it not by instruction?

I do not like any such groups, including the ones you have mentioned. I do not defend their websites or their groups or show tolerance for them either.
    When the KKK attacks people, it -could- be by instruction and if those instructions were on a website, it would be illegal and clearly not covered by free speech.

It's not that I show tolerance to violent racial groups, it's that I respect free speech to the fullest and that covers every thing that is law abiding.

I don't believe in free speech for some, and not for the others.
      0 Not allowed!

When the KKK attacks people, it -could- be by instruction and if those instructions were on a website, it would be illegal and clearly not covered by free speech.

It's not that I show tolerance to violent racial groups, it's that I respect free speech to the fullest and that covers every thing that is law abiding.

I don't believe in free speech for some, and not for the others.
    Would you feel comfortable hosting the KKK website then? An organization who has a colorful past of racial killings, persecution, and is continuing to spread hate, and outright lies through its website is certainly ok with you and your free speech?

Hypothetically, if you were to have hate incited against you, been persecuted and god knows what else, if legally it was found to be covered under free speech, would your attitude remain the same?
      0 Not allowed!

I am not saying everyone supports them, but clearly by some posts in this thread, there is tolerance for their website and their messages at the very least, as I originally indicated
    Tolerance is not the same as understanding what the 1st amendment gives to all of us. You may not like some groups messages but they have a right to present it. You have the right to ignore it.
      0 Not allowed!

Would you feel comfortable hosting the KKK website then? An organization who has a colorful past of racial killings, persecution, and is continuing to spread hate, and outright lies through its website is certainly ok with you and your free speech?

Would you feel comfortable hosting a Christian website?

Crusades...
    Spanish Inquistion.... (which by the way no one suspects)
    Salem Witch nonsense....

The history of christianity is soaked in blood. The deeds of the past don't always reflect what a group is today.
      0 Not allowed!

Hypothetically, if you were to have hate incited against you, been persecuted and god knows what else, if legally it was found to be covered under free speech, would your attitude remain the same?
    I wouldn't host the KKK, or the JDL or any racially biased organization due to the fact that it would generate bad publicity for my company.

If I were to host a racially biased organization, especially the KKK, you can rest assured that people will try and protest my business and generate negative feedback. I can not take this risk, so I will not host ANY controversial website just to be safe.

As for your second question, if the hate incited against me were to turn violent, it wouldn't be covered under free speech so my attitude would still stay the same.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Originally posted by markjut
    Hmmm, i certainly wouldn't host anything racial
    Good show, Mark. I think his statement clearly speaks wonders for his morals and ethics which probably carry over into an honest and successful business.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Naes
    Would you feel comfortable hosting a Christian website?

Crusades...
    Spanish Inquistion.... (which by the way no one suspects)
    Salem Witch nonsense....

The history of christianity is soaked in blood. The deeds of the past don't always reflect what a group is today.
    If I was a host I wouldn't have a problem hosting a Christian website. Are the Christians a religious movement that incites hate, and persecution, no, they never have been. Their religion is founded on strong values and ethics, as all other religions are.

Please do not try to confuse the topic, the KKK is a Christian organization which is fine, but what is not is their incitement of hate, persecution and spreading of lies.

Am I missing something or has the KKK turned into a charitable group doing good for everyone? I'm sure the persecutions and racial killings of today are much different than the ones of the past, maybe they use different methods and weapons, please elaborate
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't host the KKK, or the JDL or any racially biased organization due to the fact that it would generate bad publicity for my company.

If I were to host a racially biased organization, especially the KKK, you can rest assured that people will try and protest my business and generate negative feedback. I can not take this risk, so I will not host ANY controversial website just to be safe.

As for your second question, if the hate incited against me were to turn violent, it wouldn't be covered under free speech so my attitude would still stay the same.
    You would not host a website such as the KKK only because it is bad for the image of your business?

I never mentioned anything about violence in the second question. Let me rephrase the question. If there was no violence, would you be content with any kind of persecution, hate crimes, or ill treatment against yourself if the law deemed it covered under free speech?
      0 Not allowed!

If I was a host I wouldn't have a problem hosting a Christian website. Are the Christians a religious movement that incites hate, and persecution, no, they never have been. Their religion is founded on strong values and ethics, as all other religions are.
    They did incite hate and persecution...

Did you forget about the whole "witch" burning era?
      0 Not allowed!

You would not host a website such as the KKK only because it is bad for the image of your business?

I never mentioned anything about violence in the second question. Let me rephrase the question. If there was no violence, would you be content with any kind of persecution, hate crimes, or ill treatment against yourself if the law deemed it covered under free speech?
    Yep, I would not host the KKK or any website that could result in negative feedback. For example, I'm pro choice when it comes to abortion, but I would not host any pro choice websites because it could result in negative feedback.

Sure, if I was the victim of hate crimes over and over, and the law deemed it legal under free speech, then yes I would have a problem with free speech. Luckily, that's not how it is right now.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast