Does anyone have experience with these hosts?

Any information would be helpful

Deasoft http://deasoft.com This looks like it could be worth checking out

Stay Hosted http://stayhosted.com I've read the thread here and I'm not sure whether anyone has used them since then..

Magic Communications http://magicomm.net I'm not sure about this one, yet...

Comfort Host http://comforthost.net/ - My friend has a reseller through them and she's made me a great offer, which I would like to take. however, I would like to check them out.
    Last edited by LadyCrow; 06-19-2004 at 06:49 AM.

From my experience, stay away from companies that charge less then $5 a month & use 3rd party payment processors like 2checkout.

Try real companies like pair, atlantic.net, digitalinet.com etc.

i like that deasoft.com develop softwares too, you can expect good support.

stayhosted.com 2gb for $2 is too much reselling + free domain!?

magicomm.net, i did not like the promotion page + poor support page (email only, help desk comming soon!!)

comforthost.net, i do not like hosts with comming soon pages, and broken links, too recent (18-mar-2004)

finally i'd recommend deasoft.com

Originally posted by 2Mhost

stayhosted.com 2gb for $2 is too much reselling + free domain!?

I didn't even notice that free domain thing -blinks* However, the 1.95 is for the smallest plan. That's just some tricky organization on their part.
    Last edited by LadyCrow; 06-19-2004 at 07:51 AM.

stayhosted...nice clean looking site
    hummm $5.85 (3x$1.95) by the time the CC processor gets done theres not much profit for 3 months service.
    2GB/20GB for $1.95 is scarey

Again that's NOT the plan that goes for that ammount.

Originally posted by mjdawnson
    use 3rd party payment processors like 2checkout.
    Why so.. I mean wht is the harm with 2co or third party payment processor...
    Infact with so many self payment processing host overcharging account cases.. such services are more safe for customer...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Originally posted by domainwala
    Why so.. I mean wht is the harm with 2co or third party payment processor...
    Infact with so many self payment processing host overcharging account cases.. such services are more safe for customer...
    Hello...

I'm agreed with you, I don't undestand why some people simply make a comments like that..

Thanks..
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

at least with 2checkout you can get your money back by simple email to them

I'd stay away from all of them except perhaps Comforthost honestly. They're all very low on the pricing end and that makes me question their business. The thing you have to consider is that with these smaller plans odds are you're going to be on a server with loads of other small accounts.

Even comforthost.com with the unfinished pages and early age would chase me away personally. However, everyone does indeed have to start from somewhere.

So, back to my original question.. Has anyone actually used any of these?!?

I think you need to consider more companies. I looked them over and wasn't overly impressed.

Comfort host looked the most promising.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Why would you stay away from all of us apart from comforthost?

We have over 300 customers since we started last june and consolidated UK and US hosting customers into StayHosted.com.

The prices we offer are low yes, but we do not oversell on the servers, we have 2 servers located in EV1 and a Dual Xeon located at Burst. Customer retention has been great and we have happy individual and business hosting customers and a lot of resellers and a growing community. We will soon be adding another server at Redbus in London and starting to co-locate very soon. A lot of money has been put into this and its starting to show the results.

I think it is a little snobbish to assume that just because we offer low prices that there is something dodgy about the service but I know where you are coming from as the majority of low priced hosts are resellers or overselling but dont judge us all the same . We offer low prices but we broke even after a few months and now make a profit so as far as I am concerned as director of our company I am happy.

2/20GB is for $14.95 btw not $1.95 - that would be suicide
    Mike Haslam,

Managing Director - Hostsolutions UK Ltd
    StayHosted.com

I see... my bad on the $1.95 2/20GB
    thats what I got from a quick scan of the home page.

200mb/5GB for $1.95 is correct

-sl* After I pointed it out twice..

4 times now.

If you need any further information on our company LadyCrow or have any further questions please feel free to contact us on the site and we will be happy to help.

Good luck with your hosting choice.
    Mike Haslam,

StayHosted.com

wells it shows a plan for 2/20gb then below it has aprice of $1.95.

if you just hitting the high points...
    well it a easy mistake

I think its been established now....
    Mike Haslam,

StayHosted.com