Reccuring billing with Authorize.NET

I have an Authorize.NET account and want to charge my clients for the service automatically every month.

I spoke to Authorize representative and he told me that Automated billing cannot be created via AIM method.

Does this mean that I have to login to Authorize and create subscription for each client?

Thanks

null
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

If you want to use recurring billing through Authorize.Net's system, you will need to enable their Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) module.

There is an extra cost for that system... usually ~$40 setup and $20-30/month.

In terms of the API for it, you should be able to get that info from the Support area on Authorize.Net or within your account. Let me know if you can't locate it and I would be happy to try to get it for you.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

The ARB service implemented by Authorize.net is crap. Don't use it. I would suggest setting up your own automated system that sends the information to the Authnet gateway; it's much easier that way. AutoPilot comes to mind.

Support told me that I have to subscribe each client manually.

I guess, I would have to use the papaj's method.

BTW, what is the website of AutoPilot.

Thanks

AutoPilot can be found at http://www.whmautopilot.com

Regarding the Authorize.Net ARB module... we do not have many merchants who use it. There are a few who do that I know of, but most folks using AuthNet setup their own recurring through a custom script or via a 3rd party billing app like the one referenced above.

I think part of the reason is that for the extra monthly cost that AuthNet charges, you could just as easily get a complete billing solution package elsewhere that would not only handle your recurrings but also other aspects of your business.

Specifically, you DO have to manually create each subscription through the AuthNet gateway OR upload a batch file containing a list of ARB subscriptions.

You are also limited to a maximum recurring subscription of no more than 3 years. You can select from a number of pre-defined cycles (monthly, every other month, quarterly, annually, etc.).
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Thanks for your information.