hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Any experience with RegisterFly?

Forum Jump

Any experience with RegisterFly?

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

Any experience with RegisterFly?

I've seen RegisterFly.com mentioned. Their stated services and prices look attractive. Does anyone out there have actual experience with them? Favorable or unfavorable impressions of their services and behavior?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Web Hosting Master

Very good, I have 2000+ names with them and overall very good. They are a very large registrar (3/4 million names) . They just started phone support so getting hold of someone is even easier now should you need support.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:16 PM
WHT Addict

Their prices are ok and their control panel is functional. I also do use their services for about 50 domains however I have read some horror stories from domain forums and such about their customer service lacking big time therefore I most of the time approach them with caution.

Get your sites submitted to 1500 Search Engine Friendly Directories!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Retired Moderator

if i wasn't a resller and an end user i would use them

so many free side services with each domain and great service too

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Old 06-16-2004, 06:47 PM

i havent had any trouble with them at all. my only complaints would be that the control panel is somewhat difficult to sort out, and the site loads pretty slow.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

The few problems I have had were resolved wilthin reasonable time if not immediately. I have not had a problem lately and have not tried their phone support.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Junior Guru

So far, so good

So far my experience has been pretty good. I transferred a few domains over to them and they completed the transaction (i.e. the transfer was reflected on internic) within hours, much quicker than many other registrars.

However, problems usually occur on the way out (as I discovered recently with Powerpipe), so I don't know how good they would be if I wanted to transfer domains out of Registerfly!

Old 06-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have a bunch of names with them and I've only had one problem. They reported a name as available when it wasn't -- even though the registration failed they charged my credit card. It took a couple of emails to support to get it straightened out.

Other than that, I've been quite happy.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:02 AM

I have two names with them (including one transfer), and I've had no problems. They seem like a very competent registrar, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thanks, all. Glad to see that there's a pretty good chance RegisterFly may be good. As seen at "How do I tell godaddy to [stop]?", I think Godaddy has eliminated itself from consideration.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

Wait a minute Disgruntled, all registrars will have their quirks and complaints. I would not discount Godaddy. Personally I haven't had any problems whatsoever with them now for 2 years. So keep them in mind. Just my 2c.

fewcoin

Old 06-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dmaven
Very good, I have 2000+ names with them and overall very good. They are a very large registrar (3/4 million names) . They just started phone support so getting hold of someone is even easier now should you need support.
how about 1and1 vs RegisterFly.com ?i know 1nad1 is cheaper,but not sure about their service

Old 06-20-2004, 08:08 PM

RegisterFly sucks. If you want any decent communication with them, learn how to speak Hindu.

Just do a Google search on "registerfly sucks" and you'll find a lot of people who have had problems with them.

Old 06-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Web Hosting Master

Gee the consensus disagrees.

Your remarks about needing to speak hindu is also downright disrespectful. I think the mods need to intervene here

Old 06-20-2004, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dmaven
Gee the consensus disagrees.

Your remarks about needing to speak hindu is also downright disrespectful. I think the mods need to intervene here
The consensus on this thread appears to disagree, but when you learn to do a search on this forum and see the dozens of threads about how RegisterFly sucks, you'll see that they have a larger than average dissatisfied customer base.

Needing to speak Hindu is not disrespectful. It's a fact. Up until recently, the only available support option was either a trouble ticket or 24/7 Live Chat -- all outsourced to India. And at least 80% of the time their support staff showed, on a good day, a command of the English language equal to that of your average second grader. Again, search the forum and find the actual examples.

Case in point:

Customer e-mails risk@registerflysupport.com.

Risk replies: Sorry, we can't help you. Please contact risk@registerflysupport.com for help.

Contact your Literacy Volunteer if you don't understand.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Next Generation Customer Experience 2014 Web Hosting Events 2014-02-07 14:55:00
US Consumers Would Rather Visit the Dentist Than Call Customer Service: CorvisaCloud Web Hosting News 2013-10-29 13:49:07
Web Monitoring Service Site24x7 Adds Apdex Scoring Feature - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 13:01:01
Hivelocity Launches Cloud Hosting, Virtualization Site to Simplify Customer Experience Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 11:58:53
eTail Boston 2012 Web Hosting Events 2012-08-07 17:07:48