Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Level 3 San Jose Colocation

HI!!!!!!1111

I'm looking for some Level3 colocation in San Jose, CA, <5mbs, <5U. Is there any resellers of level3 that will offer reasonable pricing or anyone on this forum that uses level3 for business/personal use and have extra bandwidth or would be willing to help

-Bryan

Hmm I think Market Post Tower in San Jose has L3 Connectivity.

If your only looking for 5u I would try ServerCentral.net
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - blake@xtremebandwidth.com
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

ServerCentral is based in Chicago Equinix, not San Jose.
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

ServerCentral have expanded to San Francisco as well.

Level3 San Jose is at 1380 Kiefer. You can asked Level3 and see if they would tell you who resells on location.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

Anyone else?

co-location.com is a large reseller of Level3 space/connectivity; have you tried them? I think Level3 generally refers accounts lower than their minimums to them; co-location.com can generally sell you half a cab at almost all of Level3's data centers, and even by the U at some facilities. BTW, the 1380 Kifer Road facility is in Sunnyvale, not San Jose; not sure if that matters. A customer of ours is there; their experience has generally been positive. The Navisite facility in San Jose also has Level3 bandwidth available, though that facility is primarily for managed service accounts, not colocation.

Sorry, I didn't realize SC had expanded.
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

If I said SunnyVale, not many may know where it is
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

Server Central has a pop in San Jose Equinix, not San Francisco (close, I know, but not quite the same place).

I believe they have Level3 in that location.

Originally posted by Mfjp
    ServerCentral have expanded to San Francisco as well.

Level3 San Jose is at 1380 Kiefer. You can asked Level3 and see if they would tell you who resells on location.
    the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant

Bryan,

Contact these guys at Rocksolidcolo.com They resell Level3 in San Jose and 39 other cities in north America and Europe.

T
    offerjunction.com

Thanks! Will do.

Originally posted by NH-Benjamin
    Hmm I think Market Post Tower in San Jose has L3 Connectivity.
    We're based out of MPT, and this was their response to a request for a *full* 100BT:

Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 3:16 PM
    To: (me)
    Cc: Lathrop, Lee Ann
    Subject: IP opportunity

Hi (removed)-

We can only offer DS3, OC3 and OC12 at this location. No Ethernet services (100BT).

We are currently offering a promotion for a full DS3 port. $3000.00 monthly recurring.

If you are interested, please let me know and I'll send over a credit application.

Bryan

...lame, to say the least!

Thanks for the info!

<3 Bryan

Originally posted by mrwireman
    [B]
    ...lame, to say the least!
    not sure why you consider this to be lame. i have a feeling you haven't priced ethernet linecards lately =] i know many folks in the access business who will not hand off ethernet at most of their pops - this is a function of the gear they have deployed there.

yes, they don't offer the service you are looking for - this means you need to either find someone who does or adjust your requirements. as a provider, it is their prerogative to decide on the way they structure their offerings. as the client, it is your prerogative to vote with your feet and go elsewhere. nothing more, nothing less.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

They also could be backhauling the stuff via their ONS/Optera gear to an aggregation point.

Originally posted by rusko
    not sure why you consider this to be lame. i have a feeling you haven't priced ethernet linecards lately =] i know many folks in the access business who will not hand off ethernet at most of their pops - this is a function of the gear they have deployed there.

yes, they don't offer the service you are looking for - this means you need to either find someone who does or adjust your requirements. as a provider, it is their prerogative to decide on the way they structure their offerings. as the client, it is your prerogative to vote with your feet and go elsewhere. nothing more, nothing less.

paul

Hi... I'm still having the same problem with unless I buy 10 racks and 6,000 mbs I don't get reasonable pricing, this makes bryan very sad.

Many networks are quite strong in Level3, is there a reason why you wanted Level3 at that location?

I'm actually thinking more about Sunnyvale, CA.
    I need my servers in the bay area and as close as possible for game servers I want to run. I also want to be within driving distance.

Bryan

There are quite a bit of tenants inside the 1380 Kiefer facility. Level3 is the biggest in there though with 77K sq.ft. I believe co-location.com would sell you by the U into that facility.

so... Mfjp.. You're going to get a cabinet and 100mbs in that facility and let me buy 5mbs and a couple Us off you? cool deal

<3
    Bryan

Yes, i'm most likely heading down to that facility to pick up Level3 for our XO Fremont location. Don't know if we will have space in that DC though.

OMG SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!1111one

Originally posted by rusko

paul
    You're damn straight!

I'm not going to go out an buy an oc3 card for my vip, and you're absolutely correct, but I find it hard to believe that they are unwilling to offer FE to me when they offer it to other customers at nearby facilities... not to mention that 99% of the vendors we deal with offer FE.

I already voted with my feet

Peer 1 is at Market Post Tower in San Jose, but they don't resell Level 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast