Question Backbone Speed/Connection

Hello

Im going to be setting up my own site providing mobile media.
    It will be my first attempt and in currently looking into the Web Hosting part of it all.
    Apart from looking for a good deal and the right options im wondering how different companies differ as far as connection speeds.
    Am i right in believing that the Backbone speed/connection is whats responsible for the speeds my customers will get from my site.
    Obviously theres cheap deals around but im guessing those cheaper ones will have slower speeds.
    Any advice please?

Thanks

Audioz

It depends upon the location of your provider, but cheaper doesn't exactly always mean slower connections. For the most part connection shouldn't be a problem because you'll notice if it is.

Smile

Thanks CrazyTech

I appreciate your advice

Audioz

Yea, might want to look a blended bandwidth as well, so as your clients will hopefully get the best route..
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

Question

What is Blended Bandwith?

Multiple providers, that way if one network goes down, you have others available, as well as the routing of BGP will usually take the shortest/best route.
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

Wink

Thank you

Try and go with a host that has multi-homed bandwidth from multiple backbone providers. What that means is that they have more than one connection/backbone provider on their network. One host may just have a single T3 line from Verizon, but another might have three different lines from different providers, such as Sprint, UUNet, and Level3. BGP routing helps determine which backbone is the fastest at a certain point in time and can also help with redundancy if one connection should fail.
    3D Host - Web, Movie & Active Worlds Hosting (Since 1998)