hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Design and Content : Editing Template Monster Templates?

Forum Jump

Editing Template Monster Templates?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Design and Content Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Junior Guru

Question

Editing Template Monster Templates?

Ive seen A LOT of good flash designs on templatemonster.com..Got me thinking, just how hard is it to edit the file yourself? Do you still have to know a lot about flash in order to edit? Just curious...Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Depends on the template.

I've never bought from TM, but I've bought from others. They usually come in two forms:

One, is that the Flash file reads all of the information it needs from a .txt file. That one is easier than anything to configure.

The other one is that you have to edit the Flash file manually, with a copy of Macromedia Flash. Some of them aren't that hard, but I've come across some that have been such a pain to configure that I gave up on them.

Go onto www.rentacoder.com or something and place a bid request for a Flash designer.

Cheers.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 AM

I actually just got done doing an edit to a template monster template site

wasn't real bad, since I do have flash. The flash file was fairly easy to work with, although it had its moments. I am new with flash but have been programming for a very long time in VB so making changes was fairly easy. I know I need to use templates because I am not a graphics person, the images need to be made by someone else, I like building the back end of the site, in order to make it work. I like the quality of the template monster template.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2004, 03:02 AM
Junior Guru

I have flash 5. HOWEVER, i try to open up the .fla file, and it says not valid extension. ANy ideas? Thx

Old 06-13-2004, 03:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

The first and only flash template monster file I tried working with was a pain to edit. I haven't yet seen one which includes a .txt file. I wouldn't know why you'd be getting that error.

Try template-help.com

They say the requirements are to have atleast flash MX6.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

Comes an FLA with it, but most times, its really difficult to edit the Flash version and mostly I use the "without-flash" template and modify it to my use.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:28 AM

I would also think that it would be a good idea to see if anyone has one that you can play with so you don't buy one and then you don't like it. That is just an opinion of course and I realize it may be against some rules or something.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ServerPoint Launches New Cloud VPS Hosting Solution Web Hosting News 2013-07-12 09:20:41
UK2 Upgrades Website Builder Product and Package Web Hosting News 2013-05-16 13:09:17
Web Host Server Intellect Offers ASP.NET MVC 4.0 BETA Testing on Public Cloud Web Hosting News 2012-06-19 12:44:02
Amazon Integrates Templates, Auto-Scaling Features with Spot Instances Web Hosting News 2012-06-08 13:45:53
Mexican Web Host Neubox Launches Site Builder CM4all Sites Web Hosting News 2012-05-30 16:19:51