Host Quote users wake up!

I sent in a host quote request today. One of the specific things I said was "I do NOT want WHM/cPanel based packages."

I have received seven packages so far and every single one has WHM and cPanel. That is a sad testimony to people's ability to listen to potential customers!

If you're reading this Host Quote advertisers, you need to smarten up. You've all left me with a bad impression of how you treat your customers.

Get used to it. Host quote is known to be quite flawed in that manner currently.

I think most of the responses you get are just copy/paste I don't think anyone cares to meet you needs but would rather spam your request.. I've heard this from multiple people.. Don't worry your not alone..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Looks like its no different to how it used to be when it was a forum section. Sad :/

The more I hear about the new host quote system the happier I am that I decided not to subscribe to it. Back when it was in the forum you could post 100 offers and never get one taker, simply because there are people out there willing to meet incredibly outrageous requests, 50gb transfer and 2gb space for 2.99/month, etc....

I've actually used the host quote a couple times since it opened for dedicated servers and colocation, both times I received good offers but I also found that people contacted me by methods I specifically asked not to be contacted with and sent offers that were nothing close to what I requested.

I think that if the whole host quote is going to work you have to have a moderated system where offers are checked to ensure they are meeting the criteria requested.

[/rant]
    Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

In some ways I wish the requests section was still in use. Give the Host Quote enough time and it will hit the all time low like the requests sections did. I don't see anything beneficiary from the Host Quote that wasn't provided with the requests section.

Just my $0.02

I gave it a test run and I can say that 2/3 of what I got back were copy and pasted material. In several cases what I asked for was very different from what the company offered me. I can also say that conditions are very similar to that of the old request forums with the offers that are made.

I wish the old discussions were around, because I said this Host Quote system would be around one day. All the system stands for is the exact same as the forums did. The same rabble is in there as it was before - the only difference is iNet pockets a fee for it this time. Of course you know though, this is for the better of the community and to remove the 'junk' from the forum - but now that junk just ends up in mailboxes with nothing being done about it.

I agree, I sent in a request last week, with no price limit, and very little space and bandwidth needed, and asked for it to be a wap enabled server that I would be placed on (.wml supported) and I received a few people that offered me something but did no research that would take all of two seconds on google to figure out what a wap enabled server meant. If your not going to figure out that for a potential client, I don't even want to know what else you don't know.

interesting, so let me ask you guys this, when someone makes a request, does the copy of the request go to EVERYONE who pays a few, or only providers who fit the need?

if im looking for windows will they give my info to a company that only has linux?? if so, then that is NO help to anyone

but for me, it would be a GREAT way to build up a database and send my affiliate links to!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Agreed. I've asked for two quotes in the last month. In the first one, I ended up getting ridiculous copy-and-paste offers like 50gb of transfer for $5 a month. Sorry, no thanks -- I want a host that's going to be around for the long-term.

In the second request, I specifically asked for the host's contact info, background info, experience, how long they'd been in business, etc. Only two of the responses included that info, and one of those responses didn't even answer my questions fully.

Host Quote is pretty much useless IMHO.

Jenny

Well, it does put money in iNet's pockets...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    interesting, so let me ask you guys this, when someone makes a request, does the copy of the request go to EVERYONE who pays a few, or only providers who fit the need?

if im looking for windows will they give my info to a company that only has linux?? if so, then that is NO help to anyone

but for me, it would be a GREAT way to build up a database and send my affiliate links to!
    sorry, i meant pays a FEE not pays a FEW... although, i guess it works out the same (hehe)
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Hold on folks. I've just got a good one! A customised response talking about my exact requirements. They're not all bad...

Well, you can trust me from my experiences with the Host Quote feature when I was subscribed to WHT Leads that it can be much worse for the hosting companies then it is for the people who fill out the form. There's constant garbage being posted up there (people asking for 10 GB of Space and 400 GB of transfer for 9.99 / month, etc. etc.), some hosts just don't care much anymore.

i have seen many companies who give away 50gb bandwidth and 1gb space for $4.99/month and they was either sold out in a year or they was out of business. Also, many of these hosts are kiddy hosts which are not able to support while they are in their schools or out having fun with their girl friends. (note: i don't say they are bad).

People who really need support and there web site to be up 99.9% should not bother paying little bit extra to host with professional hosting companies having long term track record.

i known an company which had full data loss due to hard drive failure and they didn't had second hard drive in their system and all data was gone.
    * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` * ~ X-Max ~ * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` *
    I love Wikipedia.

Well, it does put money in iNet's pockets...
    For that very reason nothing will probably be done about it either.

well i said UK hosts reply only
    i got All American