hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Help with finding a host!

Forum Jump

Help with finding a host!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM

Help with finding a host!

Hey im looking for a host where i can get unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space (<<or like a gig or 2 of space) has to have unlimited subdomains and domain forwarding. And as relaiable as possible. Price range is well...anything not to high. Anyone know anything good?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Well, unlimited bandwidth and space isn't possilbe...

Try going into your local shop and ask for a unlimited harddisk, see what they tell you...

Old 06-09-2004, 08:18 PM

Quote:
(<<or like a gig or 2 of space)
Unlimited space in the sense, no one would use 40gb of space, unless there some sort of download site...and in taht case im pretty sure the company will have some sort of taht thing in there contract, that you cant be!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Is our children learning?

Yeah, as you will learn, nothing is unlimited.
Anyway, you can try the host quote: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Or

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=4

Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Web Hosting Master

What are you current usage stats? There is a hostquote system here where you can get responses, I believe hosts cant respond with offer in this forum, or was it that forum, who knows =)

Old 06-09-2004, 08:24 PM

Heres a pic of my traffic (new site, started really 2 months ago)

toronto-xtreme.com/webstats.jpg
^^cant make link cuz i dont have 5 posts.....

However, we plan to offer things like Webhosting to some clans that register there (not many) just those who help us out and waht not. Thats one reason i wanted the sundomains and forwarding!

Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

No one would use 40GB of space? I doubt it.

Besides, there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth either. That would mean a infinite kilobytes per second connection and that isn't possible either...

Old 06-09-2004, 08:27 PM

offcourse its possible, would be extremely expensive and unpratible, but possible. Once again, unlimited in the sense, that you would not be able to fill/use it. A general site would not need 40bg of space, and 120gig bandwidth a month, so in there sense, its unlimited, and as i didnt post that i was planning on making a site that uses 100gig of space and a terabit of bandwidth, you would assume its a general site.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Web Hosting Master

Sighost alone takes 60 gigabytes =)

Mikey, there is no such thing as unlimited, just choose a good provider and make sure the pricing/resources handles your needs. Hosts that offer unlimited bandwidth without stating clearly the limitations of the offer are not going to be around in any sort of performing way. Pick a good host.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:33 PM

Once again, i sated unlimited as in the sense a general site cannot possible fill it. i also posted a link of what i use, and plan to use it for. There are different defenitions of unlimited. in your sense, i know what you mean, and i know there is no such thing as "unlimited", and "Sighost alone takes 60 gigabytes =)" i doubt there a general site, more high up if you ask me but thanks anyways!

Old 06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

"A general site cannot fill" what type of site? What is a general site? A business card site needs about 30 megabytes (email, small database, 10 pages, simple images), and the transfer would be about a gig max.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Retired Moderator

Well, what we are trying to point out is that a host is not telling the truth when it claims unlimited bandwidth. Why would I tell you "unlimited" if it's limited? When you don't tell the truth, you're a l i a r. Pick a good host and stay away from unlimited bandwidth and unlimited space if you see them offered. If you do the first part, chances are you'll do the second part too.

I doubt anyone who has spent a while on these forums will recommend you an "unlimited" host. (We've been all brain washed )

Old 06-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

hostgator.com has some high disk space plans

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Host Alive Listing 2014-04-20 22:32:24
Host Surf UK Launches US Hosting Plans and Services Web Hosting News 2013-08-22 10:13:19
Web Host BigRock Launches Web Design Marketplace DesignXchange Web Hosting News 2012-09-28 09:38:31
Finding Your Niche in the Cloud for Service Providers with Tony Lucas of Flexiant - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 11:18:56
How To Deliver Products Customers Will Pay For with David Koston - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 10:46:16