I have a big list of reseller program, in here

Hi guys,

for 1 month, I have visited tons of hosters. I list to you the most remarkable reseller program I found ...
    ecommercediscovery.com - hostdiscount.net - cyberwings.com - gfweb.net - mchost.com - splashhost.com - datahosts.net - hosting.us.com - www.www-hosting.net - seanjonesandpartners.co.uk - sharpwebservices.com - inetghost.com - thehostgroup.com - squareinternet.co.uk - supanames.co.uk - bargainhost.budgethosts.co.uk ...

Do you want more list ? FOR WHAT ???

I wrote to each of them (and hundred others) ... and so far not a single answer .
    You well understood ... NOT "perhaps 1 or 2 answers" ... No, I well say : ZERO !!! ZERO ANSWER !

Even MChost, or Splashot where I found, from you (on this forum), lot of good thoughts ... ZERO ANSWER !!!

I don't understand, I have money, I have courage, I have Ideas ... Are these companies , tooooooooo much rich ?

Please guys, tell me your secret.
    What kind of words or sentences did you use to have your "first" answer ?
    My parents used to say : "you have to do efforts to expect money in return"...
    Do we say, today: "you must do efforts (even to knee down, to pray or to cry) , not to take money but ... to give your own money" ???
    Grrrrrrrrr.....

Anyway,
    Here is my real question :
    Did you pay first (blindly), and afterwards began to ask your first question ?

Thank you in advance
    Have good holidays.

How long ago did you contact each of them, and by what means did you contact them?
    Justin K.
    "Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue."

Smile

Originally posted by TheParisian
    Hi guys, for 1 month, I have visited tons of hosters. I list to you the most remarkable reseller program I found ...
    ecommercediscovery.com - hostdiscount.net - cyberwings.com - gfweb.net - mchost.com - splashhost.com - datahosts.net - hosting.us.com - www.www-hosting.net - seanjonesandpartners.co.uk - sharpwebservices.com - inetghost.com - thehostgroup.com - squareinternet.co.uk - supanames.co.uk - bargainhost.budgethosts.co.uk ......

if you have not received a reply from us within 24 hours of your email or calling us by phone and left a message, please email me and i will look into this issue.

thanks.

Re: I have a big list of reseller program, in here

Originally posted by TheParisian
    Even MChost ...where I found, from you (on this forum), lot of good thoughts ... ZERO ANSWER !!!
    Since you haven't received a reply from any companies at all, there is definately something wrong with your email address. Try using another email address and you'll get a reply guaranteed. We usually answer all sales emails within 3 hours. You can email me personally at marc@mchost.com and i'll be happy to help you.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Hello.

I have some general sales inquiries regarding your service. Some of the questions in the list below are requests for *general* information only. I do not want specifics on certain things, I merely want to get a general idea of the company itself. Approximately 20 hosts are receiving this email in addition to yourself.

1. How long has your company been in the business of *providing web hosting*? Please do not include time spent as a design company only if you provide design services.

2. Please give the specifications of a typical server on which shared hosting accounts are placed.

3. About how many accounts do you place on a server? What rationale do you use to determine your limits per server?

4. About how many servers do you have on which shared hosting accounts are placed? Valid responses: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16+ - please do *not* exaggerate. It's easy to tell by information gathered from various places if you do that.

5. Do you have a server status page I can look at? If so, is that a live status page? How often does it update? If static, how often do you update it? Is the status page hosted at the same NOC as all of your servers?

6. Do you have a ticketing system? A support forum? Do support by email only? What priority have you assigned to the various methods of contact with your company in both support and sales issues?

7. Do you have a list of client sites (hosting only, not design, if you offer design services) available for viewing?

8. What NOC(s) do you use? If multiple, which NOC is your primary NOC for accounts?

9. How many staff members do you have who provide support for your hosting clients? Are they full time/part time?

10. Where are you (the company) physically located?

11. What is your policy on sites that exceed their bandwidth? What is the cost for additional bandwidth?

12. What is your policy or sites that might have something like a runaway script? Do you disable the account? What sort of notice do you give to people regarding their accounts?

13. Do you have a dedicated abuse address (one that does not forward to another mailbox on your system)? Do you specifically prohibit things like spamming in your TOS/AUP? Where is the TOS/AUP for your company?

14. Finally, do you offer a money back guarantee? If so, what time period does that guarantee cover? If you offer a guarantee, do you also offer refunds for longer contracts if accounts are cancelled before that contract expires (minus fees for the already used part of that contract)?

Thanks for your answers.
    Was this the e-mail you sent?

Approximately 20 hosts are receiving this email in addition to yourself.
    Im sorry but i just stopped reading after this
    Last edited by Alan - Vox; 12-07-2001 at 08:41 AM.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SplashHost.com

[QUOTE]

I don't think so.

Because we got that email too, and we are not in this list
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Oh well, did you reply to that one Jedito?

yep, yesterday
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I think Parisian is sending an RFI [Request For Information] for shortlisting a few hosts and then may be send them an RFP? [Req for Proposal]

Nice reading any way..

Cheers
    B

PS: I'm with spalshhost for nearly 2 months and cant be happier, if it helps you...
    I am now happily selling Natural Herbal Hair Oil - happy to be so far removed from technology!

I ultimately went with ecommercediscovery.com. I have had wonderful response from them. I was originally going to go with mchost.com (tried paying on Dec. 3rd, 4th, and even the 7th, I think), but was unable to pay by check through paysystem.com (their payment processor). When I asked for an alternative method, no response... yet, other questions on their forum were promptly answered. Why weren't mine? I understand if they don't accept alternative forms of payment, but at least respond to my question. Ecommercediscovery was very prompt in response and allowed me to make payment via Paypal.

Amanda

Still waiting for account setup e-mail Josh mentioned, but it's only been a little while since I ordered.

Originally posted by SplashHost.com

(snipped out to conserve space)

(snipped out the part about that email being sent to about 20 other hosts)

No, he didn't send it. I did. Interesting that you wouldn't answer it. Also interesting are certain parties who claim to be so busy here on the forum, yet oddly have enough time to post with good frequency and not respond to a sales email. And one more rather interesting, rather paranoid response from someone so concerned that I was some sort of competitor that he would not only not answer any of the questions, but accused me of being "up to something".

Those that did respond, responded quite well and willingly. None of the questions was anything out of the ordinary from a prospective customer. I'll put together the results and let everyone see them, including a list of those hosts who didn't deign to respond within three days (splashhost, affordablehost (claims to be busy, but seems to have time to hang out here and crow about orders supposedly received), wizards, weinbar, aletia, and some others). Fairly pathetic for people that tend to congregate around this forum and who have been recommended here. I'll also include the turnaround time to answer, whether an autoresponder was received, etc., so people can get an idea of what it's like out there in the real world when there isn't any logrolling for fun and profit as there tends to be here sometimes.

I know this is taking this thread offkilter, so I'll start a new one with the URL to the results as soon as I get them put together.
    Last edited by Peeps; 12-10-2001 at 12:20 PM.
    My answer to the most commonly asked question on WHT:
    Hosting Matters http://www.hostmatters.com
    FutureQuest http://www.futurequest.net

Good Day everybody
    From the Parisian (poster of this thread)

Thank you very much for all of your advices.

And thank you also to all the companies which have replied here.
    I didn't expect so many replies...

More informations:
    - I forgot to say ... but, seeing the name I have chosen, you understand that to phone is a bit difficult for me (and very expansive too).

- I always send this kind of letter
    "Dear Madam, Dear sir
    I would very much be interested by a reseller plan
    I heard many good things from you on a forum (specialized in hosting)
    Plse reply for further inquiries."

I think it sounded correct.

Anyway,
    Some companies have given the name of the "person in charge of"... I know now, who I must talk with.
    I will send a new request.

Once more thank you.

Originally posted by SplashHost.com

You know what .. I know exacly where you comign from, becuase I was about to reply to it, when I read that part as well, and I stopped right there.

It was just a feeling of .. "20 others" . well, then this was not targeted at US .. so I went to reply to the next email.

Carlos
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Likewise, when i seen the "20 other hosts" is exactly when i stopped reading. I just feel like everyone else that if he didnt include that statement, he would have had a personal reply prob within 20 minutes from every company he emailed.

Its easy to say that after the fact...sounds like quite a few people have been caught out.

Originally posted by SimonMc
    Its easy to say that after the fact...sounds like quite a few people have been caught out.
    You have the right to your opinion, but it is true, that statement is what made most people don't even give a second tought about the email.
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Originally posted by CRego3D

You have the right to your opinion, but it is true, that statement is what made most people don't even give a second tought about the email.
    Carlos is correct. Hence the reason why we discarded it after reading that line.
    Top Hat Domains
    Internet Services for Less. Period.
    Peoria, Arizona
    http://www.tophatdomains.com

Hi all-

I don't think they were "caught out". If I had seen that, I would have done the same. It was not an email sent to a specific company, it was sent to 20 companies. I classify this in the same category as spam.

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

It was only an opinion as somebody rightly pointed out.

It certainly is not SPAM as someone else thinks it might be.

Seems to me that this person sent out an invitation to tender for business. In the real world companies can send out invitations to tender to a hundred companies. This looks similar in the questions being asked. Is it that when you saw that 20 companies had been invited you lost confidence in your own product and didnt think it worth the hassle just for one potential customer. Just a thought.

Im looking to start out soon so maybe when established I would have done the same too. We shall see.

Have a happy Christmas and Proseperous new year.

Originally posted by SimonMc
    It was only an opinion as somebody rightly pointed out.

It certainly is not SPAM as someone else thinks it might be.
    I did not say it was spam. I said I put it in the same category as spam; hence, file 13. Although I did not receive it, the email looks more like a poll than an actual inquiry.

This is just like when someone calls on the phone for a poll, or sends one in snailmail---and those would have gotten the same response...none. When I make an attempt to contact a company for business purposes, I do not say, "Oh yeah, this is being sent to 20 other companies." IHVHO, it just doesn't sound legitimate.

Oh well, enough said on this. As someone else pointed out, these are only opinions.

As Simon said, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all!

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

I would put the enquiry in the category of research.

It is the sort of thing I would do, and in fact I am in the process doing it - so look out for *my* emails

I see a need for what Peeps is doing and co-incidently I am in the midst of setting up a similar site which lists and categorises hosts - kind of an easy reference guide.

Has anyone here been to his web site? Here is a quote:

My own experiment ... The most significant ? (for me, it is !)
    It was a time when I had decided to export myself towards a " more personal system " (the celebrity of a hosterer, is often synonymous with congestion).
    I had found the best existing on the market, as well in the tariffs as in the options proposed.
    I wrote to each of them (something like fifty companies), because there are always some technical points to clear up... And so far, I did not receive only one answer !

How can one entrust to a person who did not take time to listen ?
    And if tomorrow, you had a problem ?
    And his site seems to be a "hosting search engine".. Here is another quote:

AN IMPORTANT CRITERIA ?
    A good hoster should be ready " to evolve "! !
    The success of tomorrow, passes initially by the satisfaction of today's customers !
    I.E. YOU> !

Following this first experiment, we have create this "hosting search engine".
    We can ensure you that, behind each company presented on this site, there is " somebody " alive (if not, the inscription could not be done).

There are thousands and thousands of hosting company all over the world (we exactly sent 1324 invitation mails), let us see how many will take the first step to approach you !
    If you don't find your future hoster in the database, perhaps they haven't got time to subscribe ? We all, hope that they will find time, by tomorrow ... for you !