hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : USB writing pad for laptops.

Forum Jump

USB writing pad for laptops.

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

USB writing pad for laptops.

Anyone know a good brand and price of writing / drawing pad that I can use with my computer / laptop? I have OneNote and would like to use my laptop to take notes in class like a tablet PC would. And we could use this to draw in PhotoShop or autocad, too...
I hope you know what I am talking about.

I searched around and on ebay but found very limited resources about this type of equipment, maybe I didn't search right

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Web Hosting Master

Old 06-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

As far as quality goes, you have to get a wacom. Personally I have the 4x6" one, which is the smallest they do (cost me 45) and it's plenty big enough for most things. Ignore the cheaper brands - the quality is not nearly as good, and some have driver issues - some don't even support the macintosh platform which is madness for a graphic design tool (they're cutting out 60-70% of their audience). Mine came with tablet, pen, mouse (no mouse ball or optical sensor) and corel painter. Pretty good deal IMO

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...100-010&depa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...100-013&depa=0

are two models you may be interested in.

I can control the entire Mac OS with the pen - using it as a keyboard and a mouse. Inkwell lets me write into almost any text box on the fly, and use gestures for things such as delete, enter, tab and so forth. Sadly, windows lacks this feature.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thanks guys!

Informity, your links are awesome! Those are just what I need. I even looked at Newegg before posting Guess I didn't look close enough.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Wacom is the way to go. You may find that writing in onenote is not as easy as one would think (at least that's what I found).

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Apple Upgrades iCloud Drive in Bid to Compete with Cloud Storage Providers Web Hosting News 2014-06-03 16:07:42
New Zealand Court Rules Warrants Used in 2012 Dotcom Mansion Raid Legal Web Hosting News 2014-02-19 12:06:55
IBM Acquisition Expands Cloud-Based Mobile Device Management Capabilities Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:34:06
Google to Automatically Encrypt Cloud Storage Data Web Hosting News 2013-08-16 12:38:19
Netflix Outage Caused by EC2 Downtime: Reports Web Hosting News 2012-12-24 21:05:12