What is a hosting template?

I have been accused by a number of people that my hosting site is unprofessional looking because it looks like a hosting template.

My site was custom written by a developer. What exactly is the definition of a template? If the site falls into the definition of a template, why would it be considered unprofessional?

To see what we mean by templates, just look at the hosting sites. Templates when people haven't bothered to try and adapt them are unprofessional but I like your design and I don't think it looks overely "templatey"

NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

Modesto, CA
    Good answer Andrew =)
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

i like your site. it's not any where near as templately like my site!
    Cheap Web Hosting:
    Website Design - Scripting:

United Kingdom
    I guess nat did a really awesome job on your site

Dominican Rep.
    I don't know about the guy who told you that your template is un-professional because it looks really neat

Thanks for all of the feedback. I really like my site and I wasn't actually looking for a review. I was interested in knowing the following:

1) What is the definition of a hosting template? I assumed a template was a standard form in which the webmaster customizes to their specific needs.

2) If a website is classified as a hosting template, why would this automatically classify the site as unprofessional?

1) yes. that's a template.

2) i don't think anything is wrong with a template for hosting. your selling services and not web design. The site is easily laid out and informitive.

If you used a template to sell web DESIGN work, that would be bad.

very bad.
    Web hosting based in Norwich, CT.
    Dedicated to Customer Satisfaction.

My three criteria for unprofessional:
    1. Resellers, most especially those who refer to resold service architectures as “Ours.”
    2. Template Sites with tired, over-utilized business stock, replete with poor grammar.
    3. Newly registered domain with text speaking to "our years in business"

i really like the design on that site. Much better than 95% of templates I've seen, probably due to customisation!