Thread: AceHost.net

AceHost.net

Does anyone have any comments to make (good and bad please) on this company? Reliability, customer service, etc.

I have searched the forums and haven't found a dedicated thread.

Thanks in advance.
      0 Not allowed!

I get under construction page
    http://www.realwebhost.net
    http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php
    ICQ 120397604 |MSN : hotmail.com | AIM : rwhsupport | Yahoo: rwhmax
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm... interesting... Where did you find them redhive? Or you meant http://www.acehostnet.net ?
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, they are based at ace-host.net. I have found some info on them in the forums but it is either very old or speculation.
      0 Not allowed!

All I can say for cheap prices is "WOW"

2000 MB Disk Space
    60 GB Bandwidth
    As low as $3.95
    http://www.realwebhost.net
    http://www.realwebhost.net/vps.php
    ICQ 120397604 |MSN : hotmail.com | AIM : rwhsupport | Yahoo: rwhmax
      0 Not allowed!

Way too cheap. That's all I know about them though.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dftchris
    Way too cheap. That's all I know about them though.
    overselling i guess
      0 Not allowed!

They couldn't make a profit without some serious overselling at that price IMO. The only defense they have is that's a special offer, so they might use it as a loss leader. I would stay away from them anyway though, but that's just me.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the advice guys. Following the demise of LKH today (I heard from another customer!) I have decided to use Ace immediately to cover my emergency.

I am always sceptical of oversellers, but all those who have experience with the firm seem to be happy so I will take the risk at least until I can arrange otherwise.

I shall keep you all posted - Customer Support seems great so far!
      0 Not allowed!

LKH?? Who is that?
      0 Not allowed!

Looking forward to read some detailed reviews written by you, redhive!
      0 Not allowed!

LKH is Lee-Kelly-Hosting.

If you want a detailed review: I went to sign up and their server was down. Went with Host-Dime instead. Fantastic service so far, very detailed instructions on everything for beginners, etc. Only downfall is lack of backup. Also, the sales department seems to be low on reps (slower ticket replies).
      0 Not allowed!

OK, i've been using ace-host.net for about a month now. They offer a great deal, and the servers and all are really not that bad - pretty decents speeds and fast servers. But, I had problems with my CPanel, uptime (couldn't get on the website for like 2 days), and the support they have is really horrible. You can never get a straight answer from them. Their live help for technical support is a piece of crap. It takes them 2 hours to respond to every message and they always end up telling you to send a support ticket. They have never accomplished anything for me. And when I send a support ticket, I feel as though i am being lied to. For example they say they offer 5,000 free website templates but they only have 555. (about 3 hundred are banners). So i asked them how i can get the 5,000 that they advertise and they say, they were switching something and that they'd be up by the end of the week. I'm writing this 2 weeks later and they still aren't up. Basically they offer much support, but all that support is no good, if the support in itself is no good. If you want great options with a great deal use them. Because I will give them that - great servers great prices. But if you do want at least decent technical support, definitely find another host... I hope this was helpful.
      0 Not allowed!

All I can say for cheap prices is "WOW"

2000 MB Disk Space
    60 GB Bandwidth
    As low as $3.95
    At these prices how do you expect them to be able to pay for competent support?
      0 Not allowed!

Well I sent a support ticket about the website templates and my jaw dropped at their last response, the tickets went as follows:

Subject: Templates Posted by Anthony

I was told that the 5,000 templates as advertised would be available 2 weeks ago. They still are not. When will they be available? I am extremely upset with the honesty of this company and I feel that I am being lied to constantly. And the live support has yet to help me ONCE. It always ends up with me having to send a support ticket. Whats the point of them?

Date: 07-11-2004 3:18am EDT
    Subject: Templates Posted by ACENET INC (Staff)

Thousands of templates are still being packaged for download. As soon as they are completed, we will make them available. Honestly, things are of higher priority than templates, but we areworking on them.

Date: 07-11-2004 5:22am EDT
    Subject: No subject Posted by Anthony

Well, I'd like to have them available before my first month of hosting is done at least. I'm trying to setup something, and I need those templates. Also I believe that if you have something falsely advertised it should be a high priority.

Delete Post Date: 07-11-2004 10:25am EDT
    Subject: Templates Posted by ACENET INC (Staff)

Okay, Have a nice weekend.

Date: 07-11-2004 1:13pm EDT

How rude is that, "Okay, have a nice weekend." That's it, I'm done with them, any suggestions for a new webhost?
      0 Not allowed!

Really cheap.. almost too cheap to be quality hosting, but I guess you'll never know unless u try it.
      0 Not allowed!

setup fee
    2 Year- 24 Months Free Today $3.95
    Yearly - 12 Months Free Today $4.95
    Bi-Yearly - 6 Months $10.00 $5.95
    Quarterly- 3 Months $10.00 $6.95
    Monthly - 1 Month $10.00 $7.95

Even with the monthly fee, it's still too cheap
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by spikez202

Thousands of templates are still being packaged for download. As soon as they are completed, we will make them available. Honestly, things are of higher priority than templates, but we areworking on them.
    Never thought I'd hear a response like that to a support request. Atleast they're honest
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.
      0 Not allowed!

Is there anymore response/comments/feedback on this host? Especially for those who have been using their service?

They got a very nice deal (price only), but their customer support? Server uptime?
      0 Not allowed!

Customer Support although a few ways of contacting them, their support is crap. I felt like i was being lied to by them. Uptime for the most part was OK. There was about a good 1 and a half days though that my site was down for some reason. I just got fed up with their customer service and got my money back.
      0 Not allowed!

problems

see my post (I can't figure out how to link to it).

I had problems with them. I was intermitantly down. 3 or 4 hours three different times in a week.

This is scary if you are using a host for your primary email. (and you are getting emails for dental school applications!) My wife was pissed because her email was down and she couldn't check it.

Basically, they are no good!
      0 Not allowed!