Angry Small annoying problem

Ok I have this really annoying problem with my new website i'm currently building. Ok I have an external CSS file, and an index.html page with links on it. Now the problem is the links in the paragraphs on the website. For each link in my paragraphs i'm using the class="links" tag to tell CSS which class to use in the file. Now in my CSS file I have these two lines:
    a.links:link {font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}
    a.links:hover {color: red; text-decoration: underline;}

Now what it "should do" is display all my links bold, and if you hover over them they should turn red. Well when I view my webpage offline just in the directory it shows none of my links bold, but they still turn red when I hover over them. When I view my website online in IE, they all work nicely except 1 of the links isn't bold. In firefox I checked and they all worked properly. I got my friend to test it out in Safari, and his shows them all working except for 2 of the links which are not showing bold like they should. It's driving me insane. Please help if you can
    The link is Thanks.

add this line to your CSS file
    .links {font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}

Then, make sure not only the <p> tag class is set to "links", but also the <a> tag surrounding the texts class is also set to "links".

I don't know which links inpaticular on that site you are speaking of, so I can only tell you from past experience what the issue most likely is.

Thumbs up

Hey that worked! I wonder why I need that line though when I already have
    a.links:link {font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}

Bah who cares, it works . Thanks a bunch.

the problem was caused by a:visited not being set, so your browser just defaults it.

trust me, i spent ages figuring this one out on one of my sites...