United States

cpanel newbie help

i'm new to cpanel and i'm trying to figure out how to do something.

you can transfer shared accounts from serer to server, but what about reseller accounts? for in a example, if on host a on server 1 has a resller account and wants to move to server 2 on host b , how can all their reseller accounts be transferred from host a to host b? i heard this isn't possible, surely there must be a way. i've done a search and wasn't able to find nothing.

thanks for helping me out, i want to learn cpanel before actually using it

You can use the multiple account transfer function in the later versions of cPanel to grab a list of all a reseller's accounts as well as their packages.

In order to do this via the Multiple Account Transfer tool, you will need root access to the server which the reseller account currently resides on.

Or if you are the reseller, you can generate full backups of each account and send these to the new host to be recreated.
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Review

easiest way is root multiple transfers.

just make sure your new host re-give you reseller status to access WMH otherwise ur account will be regular account.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi