what's the best log file analyzer?

what's the best log file analyzer? i like to d/l my logs and then analyze them. i would like to know what everyone else uses. i tryed searching on google but got no good results.
    Cheap Web Hosting:
    Website Design - Scripting:

chennai , tamil nadu , IN
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    Php laravel developers,
    Ruby on Rails developers,

I use Webalizer and it's great.

I downloaded AWStats for educational purpose, on my Windows 2003 Server (Standard). Today is my 3rd day to find out some help to get awstats working with IIS 6.0 but all in wane.
    Last edited by MattF; 06-03-2004 at 05:46 AM.
    "An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep"

I use AWStats and it is great. I also have Webalizer installed but I almost always use AWStats as I find the results it provides to be much more accurate and easier to make decisions from.

If you want to download them and analyse them, web log expert is pretty good and very reasonably priced. They have a free 30 day trial of the commercial version, but there's a cut down version that's free.

For online analysis (running on your server so you don't need to download the logs and analyse them offline), Urchin stats is reputed to be one of the best ones out there. I haven't used it yet, but looking at the demo - it seemed pretty good.