Ft. Lauderdale Colo - slippery when wet

Well, after a few hours of searching through these forums, and google, I have yet to find a Datacenter in Ft. Lauderdale or the Greater Ft. Lauderdale area. Lots of stuff in miami, tampa, orlando, etc. But nothing near Ft. Lauderdale or the 33330 zip code.

Just can't seem to locate one, hopefully one of you have a ping on one? I'm located in Davie, FL right outside of Ft. Lauderdale, and i'm looking for a Datacenter that is close enough for me to have physical access to, and offers Colo for Racks and Cages.

Preferrably Carrier nuetral DC, but not required.

*shrug*, heck at this point, i'd just like to see one provider even.

Thanks for the help!

I seem to recollect valueweb.com having a presence in Ft Lauderdale....could just be their offices though. Give them an e-mail!

Corporate Headquarters
    Address:
    3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

Yep, their datacenter is there too!

Data Center
    The multi-million dollar Affinity Class A Data Center is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Among the equipment installed in the data center are 7500 series Cisco routers, a 7 terabyte IBM robotic tape library, IBM RS/6000 SP supercomputers, a 200 KVA UPS emergency power system, and a 2,000 gallon diesel generator.

Thanks, i'll send em an email and see what I can come up with.

So far, seems to be the only place..

Does EPIK \ Progressive telecom have a datacenter in ft. lauderdale, I thought they did or at least a POP, someone has to have colo in there.
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - blake@xtremebandwidth.com
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

Dialtone Internet is located there as well. Never used them though!

I show an old carrier hotel at 220 NW 2nd Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316 with Epoch, Williams, and ACSI present. Not sure if it is still there, but may be worth a shot.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget; 06-02-2004 at 11:52 PM.

Davie

Hey, just curious since i'm in Davie Florida.. what company's out here ?

heh I lived in Davie from 81-86 off of griffin road... there was NOTHING there at that time

I think WorldLEC has a facility in Lauderdale as well.

Already mentioned, but ValueWeb and Dialton still have facilities in the area as well.
    Sago Networks
    CoLocation / Dedicated Servers
    Track our Data Center Expansion at http://www.sagonet.com/datacenter

Originally posted by AlexF
    Dialtone Internet is located there as well. Never used them though!
    AFAIK, Dialtone's facilities were all moved to Miami after the Interland purchase. Valueweb was right down on Commercial but from Davie, hopping on the turnpike puts you in Miami's DC in about 45 minutes, or less from their facilities.

Thanks,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com

I run hosting out of Plantation, and we have hosting down at the NAP of the Americas in miami. -GREAT- service. I can get you relatively cheap colocation if you need server space.

If your still looking for a Orlando Colocation center, try www.rocketcolo.net - they are great! They have great speeds and unbeatable prices for colocation.. Try them out!
    Max

I had no idea there were colo options in my neck of the woods (south florida / DAVIE!) That will be a very good thing in my near future..

Originally posted by kiwami
    I had no idea there were colo options in my neck of the woods (south florida / DAVIE!) That will be a very good thing in my near future..
    Yeah and we're just around the corner from you (Plantation) but we actually take the servers to Miami to the NAP of the Americas.

I know the thread is old but any new centers in Ft.Lauderdale or near davie?

Somewhere between Miami and Ft.Lauderdale would be nice!!

-John

Gamerguys@gmail.com

this might help http://www.colosource.com/
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

I hit that site the other day, most links are dead, no updates since 2004.

Thanks for the lead though

-John

There is a datacenter in some closed down hospital as well, if I am not mistaken, I accidentally found it one day, and didn't note the name.

our offices are located in pembroke pines... however, we have our own DC in downtown miami .... We looked at building a DC in the ft. lauderdale area... the bandwidth connections we needed where not available... furthermore .... everything had to go over bellsouth fiber and fpl fibernet .... most of bellsouth's fiber runs on poles and under ground (hurricanes!!!!!!!!!!!).... we wanted to be more close to the hub than be on a spoke.... as for dialtone, i use to be one of their Level2 techs even before they where bought out by interland... they use to be on 441 and griffin. Once interland bought them, they moved to WEST miami dade....
    Last edited by bizness; 12-30-2005 at 08:42 AM.
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Wow, I live near Davie, FL and when I drive on 595 head east right after Davie Road Ext. There is a advertisement that I saw that advertises "Server Hotels". I always thought that the advertisement was a waste of money, but I guess I was wrong. Anyways you might want to check out: http://www.browardhosting.com/

Anyways I suggest Nap of the Americas in Miami, this is where I have all my servers and have never had a problem.

Anyways good luck,

Roberto Mendez
    Send Free Text Messages to your Friends: http://www.textyourfriend.com