Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry #@!$%& Weather and Storms!

Okay, in my county over the last three or four days we've had six or seven thunderstorm warnings, several tornado warnings, the most rain ever on record and flooding out the wazoo.

I'm sick of this weather here in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Kentucky.

Now, we've got another one coming through again... Heavy rain, lightning, hail and major winds.

At least we're not in one county over. Same amount of severe thunderstorm warnings... but at least eight tornado warnings over the last several days.

Anybody else on the board been getting this kind of weather?
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Unhappy

You just reminded me of The Day After Tommorow

Are you tryin to scare us

over here not much storms, just little rain (luky me )

it'll go out soon... hopefully

peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Nope was sunny here today
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Nope we have eaither just cloudy days or sunny days. Not much rain ever (we have very bad fire seasons ) we get about 1 inch (if we are lucky) where I live of rain a month.
    I am back....

Tornado warning here in Dallas at the moment. I'd get up and goto a safe place, but I have too much work to do ahahah.

If every american sprayed a can of cooking spray into the air each day, in a few years alaska would become a summer paradise and the south will have a sizeable stock of steamed swordfish.
    --

welcome to the stormy club coach

just curious as to where you live?
    /edit/--- silly me he posted:
    Kentucky and South Easy....

as for me im in the midwest and i know the one thing worse would be 90+ degree weather
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Several governments around the world are modifying our weather with "chemtrails". It went into full swing back in 98.

And for the skeptics...Chemtrails are not contrails. There is a difference. A big difference. People say its just more commercial airtraffic, but its not. I've seen very remote locations that do not get commerical airtraffic get sprayed to death. I've even seen the aircrafts turn around multiple times to spray grids of trails. I can't even count the amount of days with NO CLOUDS, and no clouds expected, end up getting filled with chemtrails. Contrails don't take over the sky, chemtrails do. I've seen days that are expected to be hot and sunny change to thunderstorms after loads of spraying.

You should come here...it was 93 today and clear as a bell

Regards,
    Waylon

.. Then don't come to Texas. It's been miserably hot here lately.. my car said it was 109 yesterday while driving. Plus, it's humid as crap and it's pretty much impossible to do anything outside that doesn't: 1) involve you passing out 2) involve you in water.
    Brandon Davis
    BD Design & Consulting of Austin - Website & Graphic Design, Hosting & More
    http://www.brandondavis.us

Gutted. Doesn't weather suck? We don't have that bad weather in New Zealand but we do get occasional extremely heavy winds and flooding.

Re: #@!$%& Weather and Storms!

Originally posted by Coach
    By the time that storm system gets to where I am, the system has already reached its peak and its intensity decreases to the point where when it should hit my area, there's no longer a storm.

Later in the summer, (late june and late july), we have plenty of storms around our area.

We need some rain over here though, I remember the water shortage we had last summer because of the lack of rain and the occasional storms.

Not as severe here in Mid NY state, but yes. We have had (nearly) daily thunderstorms for like 2 months now, some with huge amounts of rain. No tornados, but very strong winds.
    to top it off, one of our dogs is terrified of bad weather, and knows a few hours before we do that it's coming. Follows us everywhere and whines.

Okay, in my county over the last three or four days we've had six or seven thunderstorm warnings, several tornado warnings, the most rain ever on record and flooding out the wazoo.

Now, we've got another one coming through again... Heavy rain, lightning, hail and major winds.

At least we're not in one county over. Same amount of severe thunderstorm warnings... but at least eight tornado warnings over the last several days.

Wish we could have a small % of that goody called rain here !!
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

I'm so tired of the rain!

I was planning to go to "La Ronde" (www.laronde.com) today but seems like I won't...temperature sucks today!
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

Originally posted by NIS_Brandon
    .. Then don't come to Texas. It's been miserably hot here lately.. my car said it was 109 yesterday while driving. Plus, it's humid as crap and it's pretty much impossible to do anything outside that doesn't: 1) involve you passing out 2) involve you in water.

No joke, I was watering the lawn last night and stood in the sprinkler because I couldnt bare the heat. Heat index was 105 at 5PM.

Virginia has only moderate weather at this time of year, cloudy most days.

Originally posted by WebDev

No joke, I was watering the lawn last night and stood in the sprinkler because I couldnt bare the heat. Heat index was 105 at 5PM.
    Could you cook an egg on your car? .

DC weather has been hot and stormy, but it cooled down two days ago. ~95 to 65-75.

Hey, at least you are not my mother. My parents' office is in a small town in Indiana, and every year, they have a computer fry due to thunderstorms. This year, it was my mom's hard drive that fried. She called me in a panic ("Mooooommmm.... it's 7:30AM here in California!") and I told her to call a local repair guy, who promptly got her a new hard drive.

No matter what surge protectors they buy, this seems to happen a lot anyway. Maybe I should look into some more expensive ones.

Beautiful weather here in California. Then again, the 1100-sq.ft. townhome built in the 70s and situated about 200 feet from mine (next block of townhomes over) is selling for $425,000. Weather is good. Housing prices are not.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Originally posted by WebDev

Man.. where are you guys at? Because up here in North Texas it's been almost a constant 85-90F for a high, with a good ammount of rain about once a week. Besides the occasional severe storm, I think it's perfect right now. Of course, it's only a matter of time until our high slides of to the 105+ mark as well.

Where in North Texas? It's been getting hotter the further south you go. I currently live in Austin (out on Lake Travis), and am going to be spending next week in the valley.. so.. hope it gets a little more bearable.
    Brandon Davis
    BD Design & Consulting of Austin - Website & Graphic Design, Hosting & More
    http://www.brandondavis.us

DC weather has been hot and stormy, but it cooled down two days ago. ~95 to 65-75.
    Washington, D.C.? Do you live in No. VA? That description fits our weather.

*sighs*

We have yet ANOTHER one coming through right now. Wind looks like it's getting ready to put the tree on the garage. Television and radio is just *now* announcing the storm and all the rain, lightning and hail and we've been getting hit for 15 minutes.

I'm moving...
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Storms are likly in North Texas again tonight. Last night left me without power for 4 hours and my fences are now in my neighbors's yard. My daughter is most upset because the roof and deck on her playset was ripped off.

Hopefully tonight will be calmer. But that's all part of living in Texas, lots of crazy weather.

Yea, got hit in the North Texas Storms as well, although no damage here, waiting for the next round to show up ... At my parents house they had a downed tree, and lost power for several hours.
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast