Thread: Icls?????

Icls?????

Checked our mail today and imagine my suprise when I find a bill for services we never ordered.

www.icls.net has proceeded to send us a bill for $35.00 for search engine listing............

Any body ever had this happen?

Chances are it's just a spam email trying to get you to sign up. By "paying your bill" you're techincally ordering from them. If you didn't order anything, don't worry about it.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

It wasn't Email. That is what bothers me. It was an actual physical paper bill mailed to us.

Originally posted by ddihosting
    It wasn't Email. That is what bothers me. It was an actual physical paper bill mailed to us.
    That's definately interesting. I'd call them up and thank them for the free service.
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Well, I thought about that.

Went to www.icls.net

No phone number, only emails. It's not even a domain we use and it's "pre-billing".

I mean an email I can ignore, but paper mail is just wrong........

If it is spam mail, then it is actually a federal offense.

Desperate Times call for desperate WHOIS:

whois.sc/icls.net

Originally posted by ddihosting
    No phone number, only emails.
    This is interesting:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    Doyle, Michelle (35351821P)
    Internet Corporation Listing Service
    2530 Berryessa Rd. #912
    San Jose, CA 95132
    US
    905-948-0921
    It's California, but the phone number is local to me in Ontario, Canada.

I hadn't gotten as far as whois.

Thought I would await a reply to the email and see how they handle it.

But that is interesting that the phone numbe is canadian and the address is California.

That adrress matches the bill though.

In Finland we have companies offering same kind of services who send advertisements that look like bills. Usualy there is some text that shows its not exactly bill, but advertisement. However many peoples have made mistake and paid the "bill" thinking that its for something they have ordered. This isn't exactly illegal (at least here in Finland), but bad way of doing business.
    Mastodon for Business - Business-friendly Mastodon instance
    China Business Forum - Community for SMEs and start-ups interested on doing business in China

This situation is like ebay one, where they send you a form to renew your bid or countless other ideas to trick you, but this one came through the mail, they can claim oh! wrong person.

But i think its definetly not legit discard it Larry
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

If you read the very very tiny tiny print you are right.

But this is just wrong. They have lost being able to ever do business with me, even if they offer a good product.

They have no affiliates who they can blame for doing this, did they contact you regarding this? (im hoping you informed them about this incident and BILL FOR WHAT?)
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Exactly what I did via email. Never responded. That looks even worse.

They are in cali but phone number of canada, just forget it Larry, not like you paid or something so just throw it in the bin and move on. You might want to report this to your local authorities they might be able to trace back their legit address or something.

You will recieve many such offers online and offline just discard them and dont both worrying yourself, cheer up Take care of your customers

You guys are wasting too much time trying to investigate this. That paper bill in the mail is the oldest trick in the book. I remember getting the same type of thing in the mail 8 years ago, and it looked like it was for a listing in the Yellow Pages phone book.

Just a scam. Flip it over, and write your grocery list on it.