Anyone have any luck with AdWords?

Hi all!
    Has anyone had any luck with Adwords?

The first day I did it it was great, I got tons of hits from it..
    Then it started to trail off.

Now as soon as one of my keywords starts doing well it gets slowed.
    I've created new campaigns and it seems to slow them right away.. when I check the new one my site will show up on page two for my primary keyword.
    Then I check it about five minutes later and it's not there.. wait a few hours and AdWords tells me the keyword is slowed.

I'm about to give up on it and was wondering if it's actually working well for anyone.

Thanks all!

Steve
    www.sgnettech.com
    Affordable, reliable Cpanel hosting and dialup.

You need a new and more exciting campaign i think. That's usually what happens there good one minute and not the next.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

There are SO MANY web hosts advertising on AD WORDS. Ads become so diluted that way. What other campaigns have you tried?

JP
    JP
    Justified Existence - my blog on blogging and writing for a living.

I've been trying to do some link building..
    I've posted a few articles..

I was considering Overture, but want to do more research on it first.

I'm having some troubles because I've done a lot of research before I even got the site up, but I keep finding info and then more info that claims the first info doesn't work.. if that make sense.

I'm finding it difficult to weed out what's legitimate and what's a waste of my time.

I want to do everything above board as I firmly believe that in business, even online business, honesty is the best policy..

Thanks
    Steve
    www.sgnettech.com
    Affordable, reliable Cpanel hosting and dialup.

Originally posted by showson
    when I check the new one my site will show up on page two for my primary keyword.
    Then I check it about five minutes later and it's not there..
    Well just to perhaps clarify that, your ads aren't going to show up every time a query that they qualify for is made, unless your bid is right at the top (probably not the case if your ad is on page two when it does show), your clickthru rate is very high, and your daily budget is huge -- that last one especially if you're bidding on commonly-searched phrases like the common ones related to hosting.

That's one thing you can experiment with: increase your daily budget to something outrageous. Take the suggestion that the Adwords control panel gives you, and increase by about three. See if that helps your delivery rate.

And then, don't forget to drop it back down or to pause the campaign!!!

You also, though, should resist the temptation of repeatedly typing your search terms in to "test" whether or where your ad shows up. Sure, you'll want to do that occasionally, but remember that each impression -- even if it's just to you -- that isn't clicked on reduces your CTR. With AdWords that means it lowers your ad's position... which means, unless you increase your bid, a further reduced CTR and fewer impressions (remember that ads placing on page two won't be displayed nearly as often as those on page one).
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Adwords has been gold for me. I have no problem spending 10 or 15 for a 5 dollar client, and thats what I do =]
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

AdWords vs. Overture?

I've tried AdWords. Traffic drips in for the first few minutes and hours (if you're lucky) of my campaign, then it's dead. What am I doing wrong?

JP
    JP
    Justified Existence - my blog on blogging and writing for a living.

I am doing well with AdWords with 5 cent CPC
    Just make sure you bid high enough and your daily budget get you 100% delivery.

You need to put different keywords, try out by putting your prices and specs in the ad, so people only click if they want that range

Checkout www.wordtracker.com and subscribe for a day (7$) and see the latest keywords for your market. Keep tweaking your keywords and dont forget to match the keywords with your website content

Sometimes the first few clicks could be sport clicks by competitors, so beware. happy tweaking
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Originally posted by johnder
    I've tried AdWords. Traffic drips in for the first few minutes and hours (if you're lucky) of my campaign, then it's dead. What am I doing wrong?
    Most likely your daily budget isn't in sync with your bids. The system will run your ads until it's clear that you're going to be over budget; then they get throttled back.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Adwords is all good for me. But you really need to monitor your budget, keywords and text copy closely to ensure optimal succes. But that goes for any good PPC marketing run...

Adwords worked great for the company I worked for... A little too great! We were swamped! I also noticed that it seemed to trail off after a few days, but there was still alot of buisness generated

prepare to spend some big $$ .... otherwise may not work out that great, I have noticed... try to find some niche keywords, not just putting bids on "hosting" & "web hosting".. they are too broad

i am geting 10% click though rate on some of my keywords using overture, but the keywords and website has almost nothing to do with web hosting.