UKip - British Independance Party

What are your thaughts, you UKers? =D

Don't have any thought didn't know about it
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

The majority of their policies are good I think. I'm very for the removal of the UK from the EU. So of course I think that is a strong point that they have.

I'm still deciding between the UKIP and the Lib Dems; I've been looking into the UKIP more and more recently, and see that I'm half and half on a lot of their policies. The thing I'm worried about the UKIP is that, since they're not that big of a party, I could waste my vote and don't really want to do that.

Overall though, they seem pretty good. They seem to have a strong following for the European elections, however I don't think they'd ever win a General Election. (One never knows though )

I'm unsure about whether I'm Pro-Europe or not, so I shouldn't really comment on a party like UKIP.

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

Just go BNP all the way

I'm for the UKIP, this european thing we joined 30 odd years ago isn't the same thing we have to put up with now.

I say let's get out & be the nation we once were, not dictated by a bunch of foreigners

Just go BNP all the way

Can't believe I just read that. Oh well, hopefully though they'll never win.

On the UKIP though, it seems like they are gaining more and more support by the day. It'll be interesting to see how many people vote for them on June 10th.

Originally posted by Anjay
    Just go BNP all the way

Can't believe I just read that. Oh well, hopefully though they'll never win.
    same

Killroy Silk is standing for the UKip _almost_ enough to not vote for them on that alone.
    Hostfolks Internet est. 2001
    VPS Solutions in 5 US and EU locations

Killroy Silk is standing for the UKip _almost_ enough to not vote for them on that alone.

Why?
    Robert Kilroy-Silk is standing for the UKIP as he feels that he was hard done by; true he did make a comment which could have been worded in another way yet I think what happened to him was somewhat harsh. I did rather enjoy watching his show in the mornings, as did many others.
    A lot of people may actually vote for the UKIP due to Robert Kilroy-Silk; his following for example.

I am a New Zealander. So I can't comment.

What their website address?

Originally posted by Anjay

Why?
    Robert Kilroy-Silk is standing for the UKIP as he feels that he was hard done by; true he did make a comment which could have been worded in another way yet I think what happened to him was somewhat harsh. I did rather enjoy watching his show in the mornings, as did many others.
    A lot of people may actually vote for the UKIP due to Robert Kilroy-Silk; his following for example.
    Why? Because I can't stand the guy, nothing to do with what he said I just don't like him. But each to their own

Their site is http://www.ukip.org/

Why? Because I can't stand the guy, nothing to do with what he said I just don't like him.

Oh, heh, sorry then mate. Kinda jumped the gun there, heh.

Originally posted by nzbm
    http://www.ukip.org/
    Gone.

Originally posted by HostFolks
    Why? Because I can't stand the guy, nothing to do with what he said I just don't like him. But each to their own
    So you'll avoid voting for any party because you don't like their front man?

Front man can make a big change within a party. Good example what if George Bush was the Front man for this party, and you hated Bush so much. Would you still vote for the party? (just an example lets not make this into another thread bashing)

Originally posted by Cloudmaster
    I am back....

Originally posted by Cloudmaster
    It can influence a vote if the front man is a total nut job for instance. But I would go by policy and as far as I know killroy is only running for a constituency and not prime minister or whatnot.

I think it should not be front men alone; however the policies behind that party with possibly the front men included. I won't vote Conservative this time because I despise Michael Howard, and also believe that a Conservative government with Michael Howard would never be good for the people - I don't like Michael on what he has done in the past (Anyone remember the poll tax?).

It is interesting that the UKIP are using Kilroy as their front man - for better publicity though, obviously - than showing more of their party leader, which is what the other parties do.

Just to clear it all up, I'm a fan of some of the BNP's policies, however I would never vote for them as I am not a fan of the National Front, nor the BNP due to their racist morals. They truly are nasty pieces of work.

I'm all for Europe - even if only because it means more human rights.

I remember that Britain was quite a regular in the dock at the European Court of Human Rights before the Human Rights Act. The european judges must have been forever groaning "Oh no, not you again".

In fact its thanks to Europe that we have a Human Rights Act at all. We've absolutely nothing like the american constitution.

The UKIP is okay if you want to throw away thirty years of human rights gains.