merchant account/payment gateway for Switzerland based business?

Hi,

I have a swiss based software business, selling my own software over the net. Until now I was using SWREG.org for the payment processing.
    However, business went fine and I am looking for a more professional solution and lower fees now.

I already had a ready new shop which used the authorize.net gateway when I found out that the so called "international merchant account" which I bought from Godaddy (they are reselling the products of PayQuake) was just the solution of WorldPay... I mean, I knew WorldPay before, and I can contact them directly!

With the time I realized that it could be *hard* for a non-us business using payment gateways like Authorize.net or Verisign Payflow Pro or others.. :-)

So far, so bad. I opened an account with WorldPay now, I was approved, and now I struggle with those guys because I want to use the "Select Invisible" option, which means processing sales silently in the background without my users having to leave my website and being forwarded to the very unpersonal orderforms of WorldPay. (Yes WorldPay, I know what an SSL certificate is, I can do that stuff myself...No, WorldPay. I will not store the creditcard-informations on my server database, I am not a fool.).

Anyway, I wanted to ask you about your experiences in this field.

Are there people here (non-us citizens) who are processing payments by using authorize.net, or maybe using WorldPays Select Invisible option?

And how about getting an internet merchant account if you are non-us based? I think there are people here on this board who are dealing with this kind of stuff, maybe someone can help me?

By the way, my business is absolutely legal (no XXX or gambling or similar).

You see, although I was approved by WorldPay and am confident that I will finally beat out the solution which I prefer - Select Invisible - I am still wondering if there is another solution for me.
    Mainly, because I heard that WorldPay had many problems in the past, like DOS-attacks, servers being down for whole days etc....

Best regards,
    Milan

Merchant Accounts

Look for a direct merchant account with banking relationship
    that understands your business.

There are solutions for non USA based companies to obtain cc processing withour a 3rd party aggregator.

yes, but which?

Can you provide me with some names & URLs?

Milan

check out 2checkout.com
    Will work for switzerland..
    Mateo Meier
    Founder Artmotion
    http://www.artmotion.eu

Assuming they don't want unreasonable terms, you could look at WorldPay (www.wordpay.com). They are based in the UK, but also offer phone support in German as well. They will provide you with a real merchant account + online payment solution.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Take a look at www.chronopay.com

I only know of them because they recently bought some ad space on my website and according to their website, they are targetting clients from the EU.
    J de Silva
    GIDBlog.com

Just a thought, but do not discount PayPal. They now fully support most EU countries, so you can withdraw to your bank account directly either for free or at very reasonable rates (in Ireland it's a flat rate of 1 euro per withdrawal).
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print

Sorry to post in the same thread again, but I know of a lot of software developers who use Kagi. They seem to be quite stable, and I remember registering software through them as long ago as 1995 or 1996, so they have been around for a long time.

Well Kagi is the same as Swreg: expensive.

And you really should read his post so that you know he already have Worldpay, and his main reason is that he want to enjoy lower rates.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

I did read his post; I had been under the impression that he had only looked at the prices offered by PayQuake, a reseller, and not contacted or checked WorldPay's prices directly. Anyway, as I said earlier, if I was him I would not discount using PayPal. A friend of mine who is a software developer has started using them. They have low rates, and he integrated them with a PHP script, so his customers get their registration code sent to them instantly.

Lastly, check with your local bank. They might have something to offer as well.
    Last edited by avara; 08-22-2004 at 09:23 PM.

a similar question was asked recently:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...08#post2067408

the guy who set up chronopay used to post here as theScar btw. Anyone know why his account is disabled? I'm currently undecided about chronopay and his posts here don't inspire confidence.

Why don't you incorporate in the US? in the end it may payup itself.

Just incorporating in the US is not enough. You also need a US bank account. The more US information you have, the better.

Also currently there are no CC processors outside the US that support international clients right now.

I was thinking to come to ch, open a bank account and have a merchant acount in the same bank... is that possible? I will have to pay tax in ch if I will do this? What did you do in the end? Why you are not doing it?

daboheny, I'm trying to do the same as you with WorldPay. But I can't even find the "Select Invisible" option. Where is that? Or have they removed it?