Has anyone have any experience with Bluewho?

I have been reselling with e3servers for some time now and have had it with some reoccurring problems with email that they refuse to look into. For example I have one client that on occasion doesnít get any email (it bounces). They have been good at fixing the problem, but then it happens again and again. When I asked them why the problem keeps reoccurring and what they were going to do about it, they ignored my question. Finally I opened a ticket and kept reopening it insisting that they answer my question. They told me that because servers have these things called hard drives, data is read and written to them all day long and because of that, occasionally a digit gets dropped. If I wanted a BS answer I would have asked for it. They were taking to me as if I were an Idiot. To me, their answer is a classic example of a system admin who really doesnít know what heís doing so he gives a BS answer to make for his lack of knowledge. I did notice that they donít have a reverse DNS entry. That almost always causes problems.

So anyway Iím looking for a new host.
    Iíve read some good stuff about Bluewho. What has your experience been?

search here.. i hope you found much about them

I have looked and found that most of the posts are old. I wonder if the service is still good.

It is. My earlier posts about them are still valid.

Visit the forums over there and you'll see.

Bluewho still rocks!

GDO

Found these fairly recent threads where Bluewho is mentioned:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hlight=bluewho

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hlight=bluewho

You'll find some positive mentions about them in a number of other threads as well.

GDO

I've been with BlueWho for just over 3 months. Great Service! The one time when my email connection was timing out, I didn't even have time to open a ticket before they had a post in the server forums about the issue. And, that was fixed in under 15 minutes.
    Fred
    PC Business Guide - For Computer Business Owners

I used to be with them, they offer great service.

Originally posted by ng2day
    I used to be with them, they offer great service.
    Why did you leave?

Originally posted by anbaxter
    Why did you leave?
    He might have required a dedicated server, and I'm not sure bluewho supplies them.

Almost everyone here would recommend them...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I am sorry you had a bad experience with us. I checked into your situation and it appears you did have a problem a couple months ago with a configuration file on one of your accounts. But, no one was trying to talk down to you. You inquired how a file could be messed up on the server and the technician explained how it could happen.

The mail server on your server does indeed have a reverse DNS entry. Every single web site does not have its own reverse DNS entry as a matter of course have one as mail is sent through the main IP on your server.

If you have any further questions or problems you can contact me directly here (or send in an e-mail and mark it attention: Richard)
    Richard
    Multiple Domain Hosting | See our Ad in PC Magazine
    Windows Reseller Hosting @ www.e3servers.com

Ive been with Blue Who for about 9 months , If you do a search you will find that I really like them , I feel like I should have a I love Blue Who Tee Shirt lol

Support uptime and professional all A+
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Hello anbaxter,

Sounds like beachtrader is willing to work with you to resolve your issues... maybe easier to give them a chance to resolve to your satisfaction?

If not - BlueWho def has a great reputation (and well earned as I understand it) - you probably cant go wrong with that decision either...

I have been at bluewho.com now for about 3 months and so far I would highly recomend them. In fact, I chose them after looking through WHT and finding many great reviews.

I think the best way to learn about their service is to browse their forums. It will give you an idea of the level of service you can expect.

I used them. They were great.

Originally posted by beachtrader
    I am sorry you had a bad experience with us. I checked into your situation and it appears you did have a problem a couple months ago with a configuration file on one of your accounts. But, no one was trying to talk down to you. You inquired how a file could be messed up on the server and the technician explained how it could happen.

The mail server on your server does indeed have a reverse DNS entry. Every single web site does not have its own reverse DNS entry as a matter of course have one as mail is sent through the main IP on your server.

If you have any further questions or problems you can contact me directly here (or send in an e-mail and mark it attention: Richard)
    beachtrader,
    Thank you for your note but did you actually read the latest response on the trouble ticket?! The ticket was opened on 5/3/04 (not a couple months ago). It is number NUX-94289. regarding j2concepts.com. I really would like you to look into this.

Thanks

I will.

If you pm your phone number I will call you tomorrow to speak with you personally about this situation.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Multiple Domain Hosting | See our Ad in PC Magazine
    Windows Reseller Hosting @ www.e3servers.com

I would really rather not be bothered at work. I work for EDS and Iím very busy. You will find my email address in the trouble ticket. Feel free to email me. Please keep in mind that I will post the outcome of this dealing in this forum.

Thanks

Yup. I required a dedicated server.

We've been there about a month. Everything looks pretty good so far.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world