Ticketing System

Hello, currently we use the built in modernbill ticketing system. It's not bad and serves its purpose however as we're growing we're looking for something a bit more advanced and better. We use modernbill for billing at the moment, with our billing system in the works. I'm wondering what you guys think of Kayako, which can be easily integrated into modernbill. We have multiple in-house techs, not outsourced and looking for the best option to provide support. Thank you.

Kayako eSupport, without a doubt

We just switched over here and are beyond pleased with it.

i'm with stupid ^
    Kayako rocks!
    Cheap Web Hosting: www.supersweethosting.com
    Website Design - Scripting: www.adrenalinepcs.com

We only provide support via Kayako's eSupport.

You might say we have a pretty good idea of which desks work and which don't
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Does Kayako pipe support@yourcompany.com emails into the helpdesk?

We use Perldesk by the way, for exactly that reason
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

It sure does. I think it's a pretty tough act to beat for $24.95/mo.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Wow, I must check that out
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Another prop for Kayako eSupport from us. We think it works quite well - beautiful, comprehensive, and intuitive.

With Kayako's other product, LiveResponse, we have a few issues but it's not *too* terrible.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Kayako support is one of the best and most comprehensive support plans, as you can see the two outsourcing companies use them as well. It has nice payment options for someone to either buy or lease it.

You should definetly go with it
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Hmm...I've never tried Kayako, but from the looks of it I may give it a shot. I've been using Perlbill with the PerlDesk built in, for a couple years now, and it works okay.

Support-Logic works just fine

We switched from http://www.RightNowTech.com to http://www.Kayako.com and are thrilled with our decision to do so!
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Hello,

As original poster said you are growing and multiple techs, you may have a look at PHP vs J2EE report in helpdesk solutions :

http://java.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=2902

For Java ticketing system : http://www.helpdesk-software.ws

I hope this helps

ModernBill + eSupport = Trouble-free hosting (for both the company and their clients).

The integration of eSupport with MB is just amazing.

The only other product with which I have first hand experience is PerlDesk. eSupport blows it away.

Kevin

Have seen a variety of the others, and worked with a few, we finally went with Kayako.

With using ModernBill it didn't seem like much a choice.

I will say this though. Email piping using Plesk was up in less than 5 minutes. I can review any ticket anytime I want, which I love because I can review technicians performance.

Another really nice feature I've found is the integrated knowledgebase. It does help.

As others have said Kayako is really nice but Kayako's support (i.e the authors) is a bit slow

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

As long as you arent using Beta or RC you don't need support.

We did it the "hard way" and built our own ticketing system from the ground up.

Wouldn't recommend it for everyone, for us it has worked out nicely since tie in a ton of admin functions and features for our merchant support into it.

I've heard good things about Kayako and PerlDesk both, as well.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

I received a very early version of eSupport, and had to make some hacks to get it to run on Solaris. Once I got it running, I didn't upgrade as the product developed because I didn't want to re-hack the code. I "think" it now works unaltered in the Solaris environment. I contacted the authors and was told that I would have to scrap the entire data base to upgrade, loosing all my ticket history. Since I have to loose (or manually re-integrate) the history anyway, I'm trying to do some comparison shopping before upgrading.

In another thread, a poster reccomended http://www.cerberusweb.com. Has anyone did a comparison between this product and eSupport? It appears to be much more comprehensive, and looks like it will integrate better into an existing site. Any and all comments are welcome.

Bob

Cerberus, albeit a powerful helpdesk solution, is a little clunky in our opinion. The UI is not as intuitive as I think it should be when compared to the other popular helpdesk solutions out there.

Anybody have thoughts on EdgePanel?

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by niyogi
    Cerberus, albeit a powerful helpdesk solution, is a little clunky in our opinion. The UI is not as intuitive as I think it should be when compared to the other popular helpdesk solutions out there.
    Hi Roj,

While it's probably impossible to nail "the perfect interface" for everyone, we're constantly adapting our UI based on community feedback. Clutter/clunky UI is a common first impression people tend to have -- Cerberus has a lot of functionality, it's very customizable and flexible. That's more than a lot of people are used to, and an unfortunate side effect is to those people it looks more complex than it really is. A few hours of use during evaluation almost always clears that up.

Suggestions for UI tweaks are being discussed in our forums in a sticky post here. Your feedback on specific qualms you have is welcome.

Thanks!
    Jeff Standen, Software Architect, Cerb
    Cerb - web-based teamwork and workflow automation - https://cerb.ai/

I'd suggest Kayako too!

Well,

I have been thinking about that for some time now. I had Kayako and PerlDesk in mind. I wanted to get the owned license (LiveHelp & HelpDesk). I saw some bad reviews about them, and some friends from WHT Recommended me to go with PerlDesk instead. I did went with them, and I'm pretty happy with their script, I have managed to modify Modernbill support tabs to send the client to PerlDesk

I also saw a bug (at least on my End, Debian, Firefox and Konqueror) there's a Cookies issue that won't let you login on the helpdesk (specially WHT one) that is one of the reasons that I didn't go with Kayako. I'm not sure if it is because WHT Helpdesk is outdated or something because I tried with Windows too...

If I was you I would get Perldesk and modify the Modernbill templates.
    ^_^