Hybrid View

Problems with resolving domains

Recently, I changed my server and the IP changed also.

After a couple of days I had a few of my customers saying that their domains would resolve for a few hours, then not resolve for a few hours - on and off. This was only a small number of clients.

I monitored their websites with 2 3rd party monitoring checkers and found no dns issues - their sites always worked when i accessed them. I told them to try the ipconfig /flushdns etc, but problems still exist.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

might be their ISP dns servers cache still there.

just wait for 1 - 3 more days and see if this problem still exists from their ISP side.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Hi, that's what i was thinking. But why would it work one hour then stop resolving the next?

Has been happening for over a week now.

yeah could be, one of their nameservers is updated and resolve correctly and the 2nd one isn't so the users PC once lookup at ns1 and once lookup at ns2 for example and only one of them has cache cleared.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I agree and this is specifically because of the DNS resolution and with the ISP cache.
    Waxdoll
    Quite, Cool & Adjustable, But Dangerous
    I Love Microsoft