Red face Hello. My name is T, and I've broken photoshop.

After years of designing with Photoshop, I have finally managed to do something that I can't fix or find an explanation for. When I write text now, it is always in CAPS. It's not my keyboard, and I have also rebooted my machine. This leaves me only two possible explanations.....

1) There is some setting in Photoshop that did this, and I have just never been aware of it.

2) Something weird is going on, and my special talent of breaking things has fully evolved.

Any ideas?

Ok, what probably happened is you clicked a option on the character option menu that you didn't mean to. Go up to Window > Character if it isn't already checked. In that menu there is a "TT" icon, it makes all text caps. Uncheck it.

Yes Kurt, that was it!

Haha... I have no idea how I turned that on. I've never used it once, and didn't even know it existed.

Thanks again!

LOL, I love your thread title

When I first started using photoshop I did the same thing... I broke down and reinstalled the whole thing. It was like 3 months before I relized what really happened! Too bad I didn't ask on a forum

write in notepad and paste the text in photoshop.

Originally posted by Shadedvision
    write in notepad and paste the text in photoshop.
    That wouldn't have made any difference to the exact problem as it was a setting in Photoshop to make all text caps. Actually that tab is very useful as it also has small caps too

Originally posted by gRF
    LOL, I love your thread title
    Hehe...
    Originally posted by Ben51959
    When I first started using photoshop I did the same thing... I broke down and reinstalled the whole thing. It was like 3 months before I relized what really happened! Too bad I didn't ask on a forum
    Ok now that's funny.
    Originally posted by Rich2k
    Actually that tab is very useful as it also has small caps too
    Yeah Rich!! I've just discovered those.
    Last edited by Gen-T; 06-03-2004 at 02:56 AM.

well my name is ChokEy and i heard this is the place to be if you break photoshop.

when i am moving a layer i can use the arrow keys on my keyboard to move it in small increments, but now when i do this it doesnt move it at all, quite annoying because this is one of those features you take for granted and now that it is gone its very frustrating!

(might as well add to this already active post instead of started a new thread)