Review of VisionEX - Outsourced Support Company

I decided to give VisionEX (http://www.visionexcomm.com/) a try a few weeks ago and signed up on May 22nd at around 2 PDT. I had talked to their sales around the 6th of May to make sure they support live chat (PHPLive) and ask a few questions and was impressed with how fast they got back to me and answered my questions that they supported both PHPLive and Perldesk which we use.

So I signed up on the 22nd for their 50 ticket 24/7 pack to try them out. They told me tickets counted the same as for live chats because what I was really looking for was 24/7 live chat support for the most part. Their web page says my account should be up and running within 4 hours of the processing of the order and at most 12 hours. So I waited, and waited. I finally emailed them the next day around 2pm asking what the problem was etc, I had paid with Paypal so I know the money was sent fine. They responded that it would be setup that day and so I waited some more. I got another email saying I would be contacted soon but still no reply.

Finally on May 27th they logged in and started monitoring both my ticket system and live chat. But at 9.35AM they logged off and never logged back into chat until 8.07pm, and then that night they they missed 2 of 2 chats and I emailed them asking for a refund but with no email back. The next morning they were still online and I tried to chat with them twice through our system and they never picked up. So at this point I emailed them asking for a refund saying they were not doing their job and what was the point of having them on live chat if they didn't pick up.

So they emailed me about 12 hours later saying some crap about how they don't give refunds or something and so they still haven't given me a refund for the 10 or so hours they did monitor. Stay away from this company, very unprofessional, I'm still trying to get my refund back.

Thanks, Ben

I wish you the best of luck getting your refund from such a crappy company.

If they are not friendly and it wasn't specified it was possible to get a refund, then it'll be VERY hard to get it.

Regards,
    Jerome.
    jerome.g-n Specializing in corporate designs and pure CSS websites.

If you have paid with Paypal, do a charge back saying they didn't honor the commitment.

I used them for about 3 months, they are hardly ever online, i didnt really use them for support since my provider is amazing at that, dinix. I honestly thought they werent doing to much to the server so i left.

The three widely used companies according to my reserach and posts at WHT are

1) Touch Support- US based operation and support people
    2) Tripod Support- US based operation and Indian run
    3) Bobcares- dont know much about them (sorry bob)

choose from them, all of them have a WHT presence so you can PM them or visit their sites, good luck supporting
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Hello.

I would like to start out by apologizing for your negative experience.

I did not personally handle your initial request, nor did I handle your setup,
    however I did handle your request for a refund.

I believe you did not tell the whole story about your situation. Our techs had in fact
    logged into your helpdesk and provided some support, answering tickets, etc. By the time
    you had requested a refund, all access to your helpdesk had been cut off. Because I could
    not properly analyze how much support time had in fact been spent on your desk, I offered you
    the full amount that you had paid in credit for any services. We do not offer full cash
    refunds when there has been any services rendered...we can only provide a full cash refund
    when no services have been provided. I did offer you the full amount in credit. If I was able
    to calculate how much service time was spent on your helpdesk, then I would have been able to
    offer you the amount of unused time in cash.

As explained to you in my email, we do not normally answer any live-support requests, however
    since you were told that this would be provided, our CEO said that we were to try our best
    to provide this service to you at no extra fee.

Please also let me remind you that you agreed to our SLA when you signed up with us. In our
    SLA you will find the following:

"Any compensation for downtimes or functionality problems will be credited to Client’s monthly bill.
    No cash refunds will be made available without mutual agreement between Provider and Client in writing."

In closing, let me also state to UH-Ya that perhaps we were not the company for you...you state that your
    provider has an excellent service that you are happy with. Let me congratulate you for finding such a
    company...not many people are able to state the same :-)

Thank you,

Rachel Foster
    VisionEX Communications
    http://www.visionexcomm.com

Originally posted by VisionEX
    [B]Hello.
    I believe you did not tell the whole story about your situation. Our techs had in fact logged into your helpdesk and provided some support, answering tickets, etc. By the time you had requested a refund, all access to your helpdesk had been cut off. Because I could not properly analyze how much support time had in fact been spent on your desk, I offered you the full amount that you had paid in credit for any services. We do not offer full cash refunds when there has been any services rendered...we can only provide a full cash refund when no services have been provided. I did offer you the full amount in credit. If I was ableto calculate how much service time was spent on your helpdesk, then I would have been able to
    offer you the amount of unused time in cash.
    No service was given. I haven't had any tickets in that help desk besides the few I personally answered since its brand new (in fact there were no tickets made except on the 21sts and 31st of this month which are outside the day your techs worked). Your techs didn't answer any tickets or chats as I emailed you a few days ago. I also never got a reply to that email. I can reinstate your access but don't you keep a log of tickets/chats so that you know how many of my monthly 50 tickets are used? Feel free to contact me via email in response to the emails sent over the last few days in resposne to your refund email.

As explained to you in my email, we do not normally answer any live-support requests, however
    since you were told that this would be provided, our CEO said that we were to try our best
    to provide this service to you at no extra fee.
    Sales told me this was provided and never said it was not usually. You also did not tell me it was not usually provided until after I had signed up nor did you tell me that you don't actually man it (joke but true). Two customers initiated chats on the 27th with no response and on the morning of the 28th I started two with no answer.

I would really like this to get cleared up, it sounds like Live Chat is not something you offer and that sales should not tell people its offered and that is the entire foundation of the problem,
    Thanks, Ben

PS, please feel free to answer my emails directly so I can reinstate your access if you don't keep logs...

Have you looked at your homepage recently?

"Phone, email and live chat"

To me the professional thing to do would be to issue a refund as from what I have read you did not provide the promised service.

You also could have avoided a world of bad exposure, this thread is going to show up on Google when people search for your site, as well as the large number of hosts that will see this when attempting to find outsourced support on WHT.

Also your explanation does not begin to explain why your service failed and your client is so dissatisfied.

I work with another company who used visionex for a few weeks. They, nor I was impressed at all. They have since switched to Touch Support and tickets are answered within minutes. They seem to be happy with their performance and I'm considering TS for myself.
    Mark

I still haven't gotten an email from him, I even emailed him yesterday

I am interested in Touch Support but it looks like they only support Cpanel. I'm going to try Tripod now and see how they do.

Ben

Will do, thanks for the tip XiON,

Just wanted to warn everyone off VisionEX again, after all this they still haven't emailed me or anything. I started a Paypal investigation so hopefully I will be able to get a refund.

Thanks, Ben

Just wanted to remind people to stay away from VisionEX.

Paypal can't get my money back and I even sent VisionEX my logins for my support desk software and around 10 emails over past couple weeks asking them to check stats and see that their techs didn't work etc. But no response so I guess they are just going to keep my money for their crappy service. I started a credit card investigation and I submitted a report to the BB and I'm calling the police in Danville PA later this week to file a report.

Thanks,
    Ben W.

Originally posted by Yaser
    The three widely used companies according to my reserach and posts at WHT are

1) Touch Support- US based operation and support people
    2) Tripod Support- US based operation and Indian run
    3) Bobcares- dont know much about them (sorry bob)

choose from them, all of them have a WHT presence so you can PM them or visit their sites, good luck supporting

TouchSupport = Your best choice. US Run, has W-2 employees and
    is close to Chicago and Equinix Chicago. Sean Richards, one of the
    owners, is also an extremely knowledgeable systems admin. They
    have my official 'dan's-thumbs-up' seal of approval
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Originally posted by midphase-Dan
    TouchSupport = Your best choice. US Run, has W-2 employees and
    is close to Chicago and Equinix Chicago. Sean Richards, one of the
    owners, is also an extremely knowledgeable systems admin. They
    have my official 'dan's-thumbs-up' seal of approval
    Yep I already know ;

Originally posted by bwb
    Just wanted to remind people to stay away from VisionEX.

Paypal can't get my money back and I even sent VisionEX my logins for my support desk software and around 10 emails over past couple weeks asking them to check stats and see that their techs didn't work etc. But no response so I guess they are just going to keep my money for their crappy service. I started a credit card investigation and I submitted a report to the BB and I'm calling the police in Danville PA later this week to file a report.

Thanks,
    Ben W.

Calling the police? LOL -- they won't do you any good but waste a
    lot of your time with silly and needless paperwork... cops love to
    fill out forms, its like a hobby.

Your best bet is to fight it with your card company, and with Pay Pal.
    If it is an amount worth fighting for (and since you paid them with
    Pay
    Pal, I doubt it) then hire an attorney and go after them with that.

Dan
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Ya I'lll do both, Cops are usually pretty good about at least talking to them which should scare the 11 year old kid that runs this company.

Thanks, Ben

It isnt ran by a 11year old kid, but trust me, only one person works for this company, they dont have the so-called "staff".

Their monitoring service is one big joke, and they never responded to my emails, because there were some problems with the ticketsystem, too many customers that required an enrollment..

Live chat through their website or aol/icq? They promised that to me aswell, not delivered. 24x7 phone numbre in case of emergencies? Yeah, got a mobile numbre of the ceo because I threatened to leave.. They said they were working on a phone system so the mobile was temporary..

When one of my boxes went down, it took the monitoring service about 10 minutes to show red lights (1 minute intervalls?? Nah, a box needs time before appearing to be offline) , and guess what? THeir "24/7 Round' the clock Monitoring" and "Active Service Monitoring" seems to be one big lie. I sent many emails and it took the "ceo" 4 hours to respond to the email..

However, I did get a refund. I'll see if I can find the mobile of the ceo, that might help you a little, but you need lots of luck to be able to reach him, because when my box went down, the only thing I could do is leaving a message or spamming their "24x7 available hardworking technical support engineers".

If anyone needs more information, please let me know, and I would be happy to give more details about my horrible experience.
    I wish I was a carpenter

Ya please let me know the cell phone, just PM me,

Thanks, Ben

Not to keep this thread going, but I had the same experience as TheSpidre. In my opinion VisionEx is a total joke. Their response and support staff totally suck. I had several conversations with them on AIM wherein they would answer one question and then ignore the rest of them.

Stay away from VisionEx. Its not worth your time or money.

Wow, alot of people have had alot of bad experience with VisionEX. Well, I have to vouch for them. One of our servers was hacked and all of our techincans and myself was broken down in stress due to the load of the clients, the support, and all the other stuff going on.

We contacted Lyron from VisionEX as we had been in contact with them before when we signed up previously and he glady helped us out, and did all the work before even receiving payment which was a good thing on his behalf cause, he didn't know if he get paid or not. We faithfully come through on Payment and they provided us with an excellent service and saved myself, the techincans, and all of us alot of trouble, stress, and problems.

http://tophaths.com/ << Is very good US based techsupport

Just wanted to post an update since I started this review, I would like to apologize to VisionEX and Lyron, I got real busy after I made this post and never updated it with the afterwards. Lyron of VisionEX sent me a refund shortly after this and apologized, they also gave me a free month of support to change my mind and have in every way. During the time they provided my ticket and system admin support they did a very good job and we just had a misunderstanding on the live chat. During that month I had a couple system problems with apache and qmail and they fixed them both really quick. After that month I didn't use them anymore because I started doing it myself as I had the free time but I would recommend VisionEX to anyone needing ticket support and excellent excellent excellent system admin support (lyron saved me on a big downtime issue).

I'm sorry I acted so rashly and childish, I was very upset at the time and we had a communication problem which prevented him from received some key emails and me from receiving his.

Thanks, Ben

Well that's a change around

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

you can say that again... big change around

Its part my fault on the communication, the emails he sent back to me went to my spam box because of filtering so I thought I never got them, when I did find them we finally talked and cleared things up. Live chat was not something they had wanted to offer which their sales had promised but after I switched off that their system admin service was good and so was their ticket system.