HOST4ME Refunds!!

I purhcased a Reseller Account on 3/04 got it and 1 month later Host4Me Went out of business I wanted a Refund and they never contact me!!!!!!! Well I went over to the IFCC and Filed A Complaint! Cause HOST4ME was completly Dead no response and site was down! Their Last email they asked me if i was stupid (LOL) why would they format my accound (they formatted my and my clients files each week) and that the company was purchased (who the hell would buy that dump!)
    2weeks Later I Got A Response from an agent from IFCC...
    """""""""""'
    I recently received your complaint reference Host4Me web services. In the
    course of my investigation, I contacted Russell RAINWATER (listed owner of
    20184 Club Hill Dr). Mr. RAINWATER told me that his son had started up the
    business and that it had failed. He also said that they had sent out an e-mail
    to the customers regarding a refund. I reiterated that he contact you to ensure
    that your money is refunded. With that being said, unfortunately this is not a
    criminal matter and can not be prosecuted by the police. If your money is not
    refunded in a reasonable amount of time, you still have the option of seeking
    civil relief in a civil court either in xxxxxx County, MD or New York,
    because, under law, the incident occurred in both jurisdictions. There will be
    no further investigation by myself in this matter. Feel free to contact me via
    e-mail or at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you have any further questions.

-Officer John xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx County, MD Police
    Computer Crimes Unit
    """""""""""""""""
    I protected the agent, and the department placed xxxxxxxxx

Well Want to Contact Mr. Russel?
    I legally can't give you his number , but go to Superpages.com and attemt to place the info above and see if you get a result...(Germantown, MD) ..... The Agent Told Me To Do it like that, so if any of you WHT members were scammed... Contact Russel..
    If it doesn't come out being positive Well Team Up and Send Him to Court you already have an agents report,, You are bound to win... but call russell..

OR CALL HOST4ME support line --- The Stupid Machine Comes Up its worthless but try...
    1-240-277-1949

.......................HOPE THIS BLESSES ANY ONE HERE!!! LOLZ

That sucks.

Next time go with some one that has been in the industry for a while.

Hate to hear that happen

Youch.. Sorry to hear that..
    James Lumby

Thats terrible, I really hope you the best of luck with your next host.
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    Fast Affordable WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

Re: HOST4ME Refunds!!

Originally posted by whtfreak04
    Mr. RAINWATER told me that his son had started up the
    business and that it had failed.
    More of a reason for younger kids to think twice before getting into this and more of a reason for people looking for hosting to 1. Stay away from the kids and 2. Look into the company a lot more before deciding to go with them. You hear the occasional kid try to defend himself on how he is doing great and so on, but stories like these really hurt them in general.
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

Sorry to hear that happened to ya

I wonder why his account is disabled.... Oh well...

More people need to report this kind of stuff when a host goes down like this because nobody should get away with doing this, even if it is a kid. They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, even if that means suing him and his family for all their worth. Well that does seem cruel but these people need to know what they are getting in to.
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

I purhcased a Reseller Account on 3/04 got it and 1 month later
    """""""""""'
    to the customers regarding a refund. I reiterated that he contact
    I have been waiting for a refund since February. That "kid" took how many peoples' money $50.00 at a time. God only knows how much he stole alltogether. I am looking to get together with others who have been a victim of this crime. I believe that if enough of us get together as a group, we can get the authorities/attorney general in the Rainwaters' location to do something.

Those of you who have have your money stolen by Daniel Rainwater aka host4me.net, please get in contact with me by email at: hostscam at fototrust.com
    Thank you,
    Bill

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It's unfortunate that these things happen.

Best of luck with your new host, try researching them a littl better next time around, and ask about them here on WHT.

Exclamation Keep me updates PLEEZ!

I was also ripped off, and have since went with IntegrityHost ALOT more expensive, but is AWESOME! But if you do get a refund, let me know because I hate the fact that I got jipped by a kid!!!

dthee dot us, the affordable host!

I purhcased a Reseller Account on 3/04 got it and 1 month later Host4Me Went out of business I wanted a Refund and they never contact me!!!!!!! Well I went over to the IFCC and Filed A Complaint! Cause HOST4ME was completly Dead no response and site was down! Their Last email they asked me if i was stupid (LOL) why would they format my accound (they formatted my and my clients files each week) and that the company was purchased (who the hell would buy that dump!)
    2weeks Later I Got A Response from an agent from IFCC...
    """""""""""'
    to the customers regarding a refund. I reiterated that he contact you to ensure
    that your money is refunded. With that being said, unfortunately this is not a
    criminal matter and can not be prosecuted by the police. If your money is not
    refunded in a reasonable amount of time, you still have the option of seeking
    civil relief in a civil court either in xxxxxx County, MD or New York,
    because, under law, the incident occurred in both jurisdictions. There will be
    no further investigation by myself in this matter. Feel free to contact me via
    e-mail or at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you have any further questions.

-Officer John xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx County, MD Police
    Computer Crimes Unit
    """""""""""""""""
    I protected the agent, and the department placed xxxxxxxxx

Well Want to Contact Mr. Russel?
    I legally can't give you his number , but go to Superpages.com and attemt to place the info above and see if you get a result...(Germantown, MD) ..... The Agent Told Me To Do it like that, so if any of you WHT members were scammed... Contact Russel..
    If it doesn't come out being positive Well Team Up and Send Him to Court you already have an agents report,, You are bound to win... but call russell..

OR CALL HOST4ME support line --- The Stupid Machine Comes Up its worthless but try...
    1-240-277-1949

.......................HOPE THIS BLESSES ANY ONE HERE!!! LOLZ

auw

host4me sux, my host was a reseller for them and all my files are gone...

I AGREE 100%!

Yeah, they do suck! I spent hours customizing a turnkey site from prozilla, and IT'S ALL GONE!!! Well, I learned a HUGE lesson! Still keep me up to date on the refunds!

dthee dot us, the affordable host!

Anyway, what's over is over

current life is a little better...

Unfortunate for sure. I haven't seen mention of this, but when someone is under 18 or 17 you might have trouble suing them or getting any money from them. I am not sure explicitly about hosting companies, but in another line of business I had a few incidents with underage kids not paying some bills and collecting on them was tricky. The most you might be able to do is scar their credit history, which would have an impact on them.

erm, not really true...

i'm under 18, and i own a hosting company myself

If it was a "legitimate" business, meaning if it was properly filed/registered, it was registered under someone's name. It might have been the minor himself, if that was legal in his locale, or it might have been his parents - either way - someone can be held responsible in a court of law for the actions of that business.

If it was a lot of money and clients, angst you went through - it doesn't cost much to file for small claims court on your own behalf. There are also resources like Rip Off Report (bad business bureau.com) where you can file a complaint. You can also file a complaint (a written letter) with his local Attorney General office.

When a company actually legally "goes under", like when it goes bankrupt - then they have to prove that, file the right paperwork in order to avoid paying what is owed.
    JC, www.webii.net
    Premium Hosting Services Since 1996
    Custom Development- www.webxess.net

Here is some info:

"Forming the business: People under age 18 cannot form legal business entities, and their parents should do so on their behalf. In some states, a child may be able to be a shareholder or serve on the board of directors of the corporation. But because this varies by state, you and your parents should consult with an attorney in your state to find out which rules apply there. In certain situations--such as when a child wishes no longer to be supported and legally dependent on his or her parents--a court will declare the minor emancipated, appoint a guardian for the child and allow the guardian to work separately with the child for business matters. Also, because the choice of legal entity (corporation, LLC, partnership and so on) will affect your parents and not you (assuming you are a taxable dependent of your parents and not emancipated), your parents should consult with a certified public accountant.

Contracts: In some states, minors may "disaffirm" the contracts they sign, particularly regarding a business. In other words, the other party can't always force you to uphold your end of the contract. Thus, in most cases, a parent who is an authorized signer for the business should execute contracts.

"

it goes on....

Where I had trouble is we did some audio work, for lets say some girl. They got their work and then wouldn't return our calls when the bill was due. The hard lesson I learned was legally they didn't have to (being underage). Luckily we sent her parents to small claims court and at that point the parent was responsible, but if the mother had stated originally that she knew nothing about the contract and had nothing to do with it we were out of luck.

This is different from your circumstance, but all I am saying is this person may have just gone online, set up a domain, bought some web hosting reseller accounts and went to town. Got some clients and decided mowing lawns made better money, so they bailed. You may not legally be able to take action against this person or their parents. So like other people said check up on the person before you spend some money.

Although this is an old topic i would just like to bring to your attention that this Daniel Rainwater is actually now trying to resolve these issues, nearly 2 years later! I had an email at 1am this morning, something that i really wasnt expecting. He has now issued me with a full refund, although its an echeque, lets see if it clear. . Easter spirit may be?

Heres a copy of the emails
    "Hello,
    I have just sent an echeck from PayPal.

Once the echeck clears, will you please go to eBay and follow these insturctions to post a followup to the feedback comment left for me saying that the dispute has been settled by refund.

A. Click the "Services" button at the top of any eBay page.
    B. Click the "feedback forum" link that will appear below the Services button.
    C. On the "Feedback Forum" page, scroll down and click the link "Review and follow up on feedback you have left about others."
    D. Next, select the number of feedback comments you want to review and click "View Feedback."

Thank You,
    Daniel Rainwater

On 4/13/06, ************* <**************> wrote:
    ************ is my pay pal address, I understand your situation but you could have made contact explaining the situation. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 14 April 2006 01:54
    To: ***************
    Subject: Re: HOST4ME.NET - SETTLE YOUR DISPUTE - Item: 2793037502

Hello,
    I am sorry for waiting so long to resolve the displutes against me and my company. The problem was I had no job, no source of income, and no way to pay back to the people that had lost the service. Many people thought it was all fraud, it was not. It was just me trying to make an honost living when things took a bad turn.

Anyway, Please send me your PayPal email address and I will immediately send you $50 or you can email me your mailing address, and I can mail you a check for $50 (please allow 7-10 days).

Thank you for wanting to resolve this dispute,
    Daniel Rainwater

On 4/13/06, ******************* <**************> wrote:

I wish to have the refund which was promised to me years back of my $50. I did not get anything as promised and the service disappeared after a month. Why leave so long to resolve?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 14 April 2006 01:20
    To: ***********************
    Subject: HOST4ME.NET - SETTLE YOUR DISPUTE - Item: 2793037502

Hello,
    My name is Daniel Rainwater. I was the ower of Host4Me Web Services. I am emailing you today to try and settle the dispute you filed on eBay nearly two years ago. The account I was selling reseller web hosting on was www*host4me*net and host4me.

The outcome I would like to see, is for you to post a follow up comment on ebay, saying that the dispute has been taken care of. So if possible, please let me know what we will have to do to get to that point. It is in your hands now and I am just here to see what you want to do.

I thank you for your patients in reading this email and hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You,
    Daniel Rainwater "

Email Address Please

Wow! I was surprised to get a notice that there was activity in thread after two years. I was one of the first to post here regarding getting ripped off by this guy, and he didn't contact me. Would you mind sharing the email address where the rest of us can enquire about getting a refund as well? He had two different ebay accounts going, and apparently he must be reopening the account that I didn't buy from. I'd like to see the $50.00 owed me as well.

Wow, at least you have to give him some credit huh?
    Thoughts Weigh Heavy...Don't Get Drowned in the Weight of It All.

Credit

Quote Originally Posted by Castellani
    Wow, at least you have to give him some credit huh?
    Personally, I'll hold on to the credit until I see my refund. I paid this guy for a full year of web hosting, he gave me 17 days.

PS to LucidNet: If his check clears are you going to amend your feedback? If so, I hope you'll say something like "money refunded after a two-year wait". This guy has conned a large number of people out of their money, I would really hate to see him start up again with a whole new batch of "suckers".

Update: The guy behind Host4me remains a fraud and a criminal. I did email him at the new email address given here with all of my information. He acknowledged receipt and said he would make certain that I received a refund. Then he promptly disappeared just as he had before. No refund, no more contact from him. In short, he is a thief and a punk.