Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1and1...how to register nameservers

Hello,
    I have a domain registered at 1and1.com. anyone knows how to register nameservers?

thank you
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

I looked for a customer one ti,e niether of us could find away to do it, i recommend emailing thier support.

they don't have online FAQ or knowledge base?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

checked it but couldn't find what I want
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner

just called and the operator told me "they are not allow to register nameservers I have to figure out by my own"

??? OMG???

Originally posted by phoebs
    just called and the operator told me "they are not allow to register nameservers I have to figure out by my own"

??? OMG???
    Not a good answer, might be time to move away from these people
    Domain Maven

Hi,

I advice you to change domain name registrar, 1and1 provides a very low customer service and their interface is really poor.
    I have just moved one of my customer from their UK company and you
    have to send a Fax to them to transfer a domain name to another registrar.

PS: With their UK Control panel, the option DNS change was not enabled if you have not purchased a special package that go with it. Only web fowarding is enebled.

Good luck.

they dont alow nameserver registration under the same domain ?!?

what a registrar!
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

but doing this won't register the ns.domain-of-your-choice.com in the registry, would it?

I guess there are some downsides to only paying $5.99 for a domain :/
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

it's better to avoid such a place!
    .:: Sofiram Hosting ::.
    @@ Web Hosting/Design (Support in English and French) @@
    .:: Free PHP Scripts ::.

Before the OP doesn't reply with 1) if he tried to follow the FAQ link I quoted before and 2) what the result was there's no real point in drawing conclusions IMHO.

I've called them twice and both ladies told me this cannot be done (first one told me to figure it out and the second told me my package doesn't have that feature)

???

so I have no other choice but to transfer the domain... wasted my $5.99 ...

You really didn't waste 5.99 because it bought you a years registration. What 5.99 did get you was aggrevation and now hassle when you try and transfer.

Good Luck with your transfer.

phoebs, did you try to follow the instructions I referred you to via the FAQ link?

Oh, i missed that

I'll try before transferring it. Thanks aldee

Originally posted by aldee
    phoebs, did you try to follow the instructions I referred you to via the FAQ link?

Actually you don't have much of a choice - you can't transfer a .com / .net / .org domain within the first 60 days after performing a transfer of registrar / after the initial registration... ;-). And no, for a change that's not 1&1's fault at all.

I tried this as well with 1and1, and the reason they gave was that they wouldn't allow custom nameservers with the dynamic IP addresses that were assigned to the original nameservers given to me by my host.

There are a lot of free DNS services out there, I was wondering is there any way to mask dynamic IP's so that they look like static IP's to the domain registar?

Aldee, the faq link you showed has this line in it:

"To do this, please create a subdomain "ns.domain-of-your-choice.com" and assign an
    IP Address to it."

What IP address do I assign to it? Is there a range of addresses or do I use the IP's given to me by my host?

Thx

yeah the ones given by your host.

Ugh - yes, you would put the IP address of the name server you want to create host names for in there.

HI

Hi i am in same situation with one of my clients.

Can you recommand any .co.uk registrar with all the DNS features etc.. to whom i should move my client's domain.

Thank you.

Yep that is right .You don't have to stay with these people .and you were supposed to check that before you bought the domain with them

I still didn't read anything about if the above worked or not. Did you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast