Pool.com - PLEASE READ

Ok, I got a question about pool.com's services and prices. Please read entirely. Early today I was figuring out my checking book, then I ended up calling my banks automated service just to make sure my calculations were correct. Well, my bank was telling me an amount that was exactly $60 lower than I came up with. I went over my calculations again, and decided it that something was wrong with my pool.com payment. I ended up winning an auction on pool.com yesterday for exactly $450. Now I know that Pool.com charges $60 if they are able to catch a name for you. But they didn't catch jackbox.com for me, because other people were watching it too, and it ended up going to auction. So, does Pool.com charge their $60 on top of whatever amount you win an auction for? Please let me know. I'm sorta ticked at the moment, I had no idea pool.com tacks on the $60 to an auction. Thanks for any feedback.

No, the final amount is the auction highest bid, in your case $450.

Angry

Well, Pool.com must have tacked on the $60, because that's what my calculations came out too, after figuring out my checking. So instead of taking $450 from my bank account, they ended up taking $510. $450 for the auction itself, and then the extra $60. WTF!!? Has this happened to anyone else, or did Pool.com screw me out of an extra $60?

You used a checking account to pay for the auction? A Credit Card would have been a better choice. At any rate, ask your bank to give you a list of all transactions, and try to dispute the one in excess of your bidding. Obviously, if you see an entry for $510 it'd be obvious.

Actually I used a debit card/visa for the auction. I've had no problems thus far with using my debit card for other items on the internet, such as Paypal payments. I know that Pool.com charged me the extra $60, that's not in question anymore. I'm just wondering if that's what they do for an auction, and I didn't know about it, or did I just get screwed?

Again, no. In every auction that I won at Pool, the final charge was the exact final bid I had placed.

Well, for me, they did charge the extra $60. I've gone over and over my checking book to see what else I may have bought for $60 in the last few days, and I found nothing, except pool.com's auction. Looks like I'll have to call them to get this straightened out. Whether it was a mistake or not, I'll never be using them again.

i would contact pool and your bank and figure out which end to settle this dispute on.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

pool usually pre-authorize $60 on credit cards when you first signup with them, it seems its not possible to pre-authorize debit cards so it got deducted.

just wait for them to refund it or email pool it might be a problem with their system toward debit cards.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Ah, you may be right Bashar. I emailed pool about this situation earlier, hopefully I'll get a response soon. I hope that's all that happened.

It is possible to authorize a debit card.

So my guess is that they authorized $60, which locked the funds (but didn't withdraw them), and then logged the $450 as a transaction.

Your bank should be able to tell you this right now, if you give them a call.