McAfee worth it?

Is McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 worth it? I'm done with NAV as it slows up my PC, and I'm looking into trying out McAfee.

Seems like a reliable product.

Any other voices on this?

Thank you.

I am using AVG for virus scan and Sygate Personal firewall. Both are free for use and I think there will be conflicts if there are more than one so I dont want to use another.

I've always heard that McAfee isn't too good, and it's much more worth your time to use Norton Anti-Virus or Norton Internet Security. Currently I've always used Norton Internet Security, and find it works pretty good - however do admit, it can make my computer pretty slow if I'm trying to do a lot of things at once; but I usually don't have any problems with speed.

Apparently a very good anti-virus program is BitDefender; however it is best to get BitDefender Pro. However you should be careful about how much you pay, my local computer repair shop tried to charge me 1,000 for it. They wanted about 250 for Norton Anti-Virus when Norton Internet Security only cost my 60 at PCWorld. So, obviously my local computer repair shop tried to take me for a ride.

I'm not sure which is the best. Currently I've had no problems with Norton Internet Security, true it has been slow a few times - but has saved me many a time in regards to people trying to hack me and so on. I may try BitDefender in the future, however have not heard anything good in regards to McAfee; yet have not used it.

Use McAfee. Don't bother about Norton. Their reputation is built up by advertising.

>> Their reputation is built up by advertising. <<

That is true. I must say, I never would have heard about Norton had it not been for their advertising and specials. I only knew about McAfee since a free version came on my computer when I bought it, and also I saw it on offer at Amazon.

I switched from Norton to McAfee about a year a go and have no regrets.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Mcaffee is all I use, because it only does what its supposed to.. I have tried various Norton program, and it always installs 1000 other things monitors etc.. that I don't need. It has always slowed down my computer and is a rather annoying program in my eyes..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Mcaffee is simply great. I used to use norton, and as people here have said, it just slows stuff down!

I dropped Norton for McAfee after all the Norton patches would screw up my connection. They continually acknowledged the issue but would not provide a real fix.

Their suggestion was to just turn off the firewall until they could make a patch. That's smart

Been using McAfee for just over a year now and am satisfied with it.

I don't use any of the major virus programs. I had norton for a year and it only made me mad everytime it was running.

For firewalls, I use ZoneAlarm. There is a free version on the zonealarm website.

For the most part I know how to stay away from viruses, and if I do get one.. there are instructions for removal on almost anything on www.trendmicro.com , as well as a free online scan.
    Brandon Davis
    BD Design & Consulting of Austin - Website & Graphic Design, Hosting & More
    http://www.brandondavis.us