How about a kind word for once?

You constantly see bad threads about Managed.com and their horrible support, horrible uptimes, and horrible people skills.  I figured I would throw out my review of Managed.com.

I have been with Managed.com just under 3 months now.  When I ordered my server I had questions about billing, specs, etc, and called them for answers.  My questions were answered quickly, and not to mention accurately.

I have NEVER waited more than 4 hours for a response for their support or even sales team.  The longest I have waited was tonight when I emailed sales about a hardware upgrade on my machine.  Being Sunday and a holiday, I didn't even expect a response until Tuesday.  I submitted the email now because it was on my mind.  I check my email about 4 hours later and get a response (keep in mind, it's 11pm at night).  Was I surprised?  Sort of, but not completely.

I have had NOTHING but good experiences with Managed.com starting from Pre-Sales, to setup, to support.  My uptime has been 100% with the exception of the times I'VE taken it down to do various things.

I think a lot of the bad threads (the newer ones anyway) come from inexperienced "admins" that see a dedicated server at such a low price and figure "Hell, I can do it.  And for only $60 bucks!"  Then they get their server, don't know how to do something and *poof*  bye bye server. 

I know people are going to say, "but what about their network," or "what about the terrible support?"  The problem is that WHT has become a haven for people to post their troubles with hosts whether or not their claims are valid.  I have seen far to many times "I'm going to put this chat on WHT."   People don't post their good experiences with a company because it's an expected thing. 

So I'm posting MY good experience with the hopes of changing the label of Managed.com.  I know there are other satisfied people out there, otherwise Managed.com would have shut down long ago.

Let the flaming begin

edit...
    Last edited by ChaosHosting; 05-31-2004 at 03:12 AM.
    hm what should I put in my sig?

NOWHERE on their site does it say they offer MANAGED servers. Your domain is chaoshosting.net...should everyone assume that there will be chaos on your servers and nothing will go right?

No...they shouldn't. When someone orders a server, they SHOULD read the TOS and AUP. Then they would know that their servers aren't managed.

Originally posted by Underrated_Admin
    NOWHERE on their site does it say they offer MANAGED servers. Your domain is chaoshosting.net...should everyone assume that there will be chaos on your servers and nothing will go right?

No...they shouldn't. When someone orders a server, they SHOULD read the TOS and AUP. Then they would know that their servers aren't managed.
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but if I was affiliated with managed.com, I would be very likely to make a post such as the original praise, and when someone contradicts my praise, I would probably try to find fault in the customer and defend my company.

However, assuming I am wrong, and you are a true customer and have good experiences, this is good news and I am glad to hear this. I have no personal grudge against managed.com. In fact I sent a sales email to them and was responded to within 24 hours and in an honest and professional manner.

I wasn't trying to find fault in anyone. And if it looks like I took a shot at chaoshosting.net I'm really sorry. I simply made a point with his domain to prove a point about something. I can understand your perception of this, but that isn't the case.

My only affiliation with Managed.com is that I'm a satisfied customer. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sorry a was a **** in that other post, but I am just saying, they can't provide that kind of pricing and have 100% satisfied customers like yourself.
    Last edited by Bashar; 05-31-2004 at 06:29 AM.
    hm what should I put in my sig?

100% satisfaction is unrealistic for any hosting company.

It is cool to see some praise for managed.com though.

Quote Originally Posted by Underrated_Admin
    I have NEVER waited more than 4 hours for a response for their support or even sales team.
    For many of us waiting 4 hours (or even 10 minutes) for a response from support while a server full of clients is down is completely unacceptable.

However if this works for you and you're happy that's great.

I have a ? thats totally off topic, but directed to Chaoshosting, i took a look at your site, i would personally not buy any servers off of you because your site lies, not only are you stealing words right off gamedeamons website, but you claim to have dual opteron servers, and the funny part is you host on burstNET network, and they dont even offer dual opteron boxes at all, and i bet you dont even know what Hardware load balancing is. Your hosting out of burstNET for god sakes, and you compare your servers to GD, GR and AOWC, they charge more becuase they have a better network and you know how they say you get what you pay for, in the internet/server busisness that is very true. The point to game hosting is for killer ping, ive heard nothing but timeouts and packetloss from BurstNET. I ping about 40~50ms to your server, i ping SUB 20 to GD/GR/AOWC or even Recongamer. (You say you dont over sell your dedicated servers, thats probbly becuase if you use to much bandwith at once BurstNET disconnects your server. NOT 100% SURE ABOUT THAT, BUT I THINK SO) Also note this post was not ment to offend Chaoshosting, i was reading this thread and i checked out your site and had a few questions/comments to throw in.

I don't think Managed.com is "bad" necessarily, just that they target a diffrent niche. Us (WHT users) talking bad about Managed.com is like a Maserati owner talking bad about a KIA

To be quite honest, I have considered reselling for a low-budget server shop just to give my customers something cheaper to work with (for those that don't need all the extra bells and whistles).

I think a lot of the bad threads (the newer ones anyway) come from inexperienced "admins"

that is the only and only reason for managed.com badmouthing nothing else.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Nah I agree, managed have given me nothing but first class service.